four

i went back inside and told scarlett if she was ready yet. i didn't get a response back so i went to go look for her hopefully she was okay.

"scarlett?" i questioned again getting kinda worried about her because she is never ever silent.

i stepped into my guest room hoping phil would know something or maybe heard something.

"hey phil?" i said as he yelled at me to get out of "his room".

"okay first of all this is not your house. and second where is scarlett??" i said demanding an answer.

"i really don't know and i really couldn't care less v." phil said while picking his phone up and texting someone.

i just stormed out since he was being stubborn for no reason at all. i went back downstairs and looked out my slide door, i saw her sitting down picking flowers.

i thought it was really odd so i sat there for a few seconds watching her wondering wheather or not i should open it or just call her and let her be.

i decided to open the slide door and tell her we have to go. right when i was going to open my mouth she let out a scream.

"WHAT?? WHAT HAPPENED" i yelled thinking she saw something behind me.

"oh my god nothing you scared the shit out of me" she spoke while catching her breath and standing up walking towards me.

"these are for you." scarlett said while putting a couple of flowers in my hair and handing me a little bouquet of my flowers.

"awww thank you love, you're the best." i said genuinely meaning it, as she is my best friend.

"okay let's go scar we're so fucking late" i said while pulling my mini dress down a bit and speed walking towards the front door.

"lock the door!" i told scarlett who was still behind me.

"on it." she said as i opened the door and went inside my car while putting on some music.

scarlett opened the passenger door as i told her to text ben.

"tell him we are on our way and where they're at." i said to the worried looking girl

"fine. i swear if he doesn't know i'm going" she said while plugging her phone in a charger

"ugh scar you didn't charge your phone again??" i spoke as she never chargers her phone when we go out, even if we plan it weeks before her phone somehow always ends up dead.

"sorry.. it's at 64 i'll be fine. plus i got you." she said sarcastically while shrugging her shoulders

i rolled my eyes playfully and asked her if ben had responded to her texts yet.

"uhm yeah he said they're there. jesus we are so freaking late. how far are we????" scarlett questioned while i really did not want to answer her embarrassed to admit we were pretty far. at least a good 30 to 40 minutes from them.

"venus. how far are we." my best friend asked once again now staring me down waiting for an answer.

"uhh.. about 35 minutes." i told the girl as her jaw legit dropped.

"oh scarlett come on now. stop being so dramatic." i said as i knew she really wasn't being dramatic.

"VENUS WE'RE BASICALLY 40 MINUTES LATE HOW???" she yelled at me while texting something on her phone.

"yeah that's my fault. apologies scar. did he respond?" i said quickly trying to change the topic as i didn't want her to stay or end up being mad at me for making us so late.