twenty five | the ignoring game

AN: I realise im one day late and I'm repenting my sins by giving you guys a bigger chapter. Love, peace.

(wattpad isn't letting me put the character banner so I'll let you know this way. this is VIENNA's POV guys)

Kyst's arm around me tightened

Kyst's arm around me tightened. The air trickled with tension but neither of us said anything since Miller Jones hadn't noticed us yet.

I always wondered why I was so attracted to Kyst even though I hated the majority of the rich population. Kyst was also a CEO, filthy rich, handsome than sin with narcissistic qualities. Grade A amongst the men I'd sworn to never date after Bernard.

But as Miller slowly walked past the entrance, nodding his head at the various influential people in the backyard, realisation slowly seeped into my bones.

While Miller Jones was a big, bulky man, he wasn't really the kind of man that I'd ever be able to trust. Miller Jones was tall and muscular in a different way than Kyst. While Kyst was leaner and had a svelte body, Miller Jones was buff. In the thirteen months that I'd worked with the man, I'd never seen him smile, let alone laugh.

He wasn't impertinent but he was on the border of being arrogant and just ignorant. Sometimes, it felt as if he was too busy fighting his own demons, while the other days he was just straight up conceited, rejecting other ideas and not taking opinions into consideration. That was what always threw me off about him.

On the other hand, while Kyst was also stern, he was way friendlier with his employees and respected them just as much as he did the other board members. Kyst gave me a sense of protection and safety, the humble kind, not the dangerous one, where I'd always have to be worried about someone following me to my place when I didn't want them to.

Miller did that once. It was a few weeks after me asking him to suck his own dick after having drank alcohol worth hundreds of dollars. I'd gotten late at work and so the buses were extremely crowded and I had to get a taxi to get home. I had just stepped out when Miller parked his car right behind the taxi, got out and told me he wanted to talk to me. Needless to say, I'd been pissed and way too tired and might have yelled at him to screw off.

He hadn't buzzed from his place but apparently Jenny had heard me yelling at someone and she'd come out before shooing Miller off and threatening him that she'd sue him for trespassing if she ever saw him again. I'd been thankful and relieved for her on my side. Only a month or two later, I had quit the job and that was when Jenny told me that that hadn't been the last time Miller had followed me home.

She had said to me that maybe he really needed to talk to me about something and maybe I knew deep in my gut that something was wrong but I had been a coward and chalked it up to him just being a persistent, over-bearing lover.

It seemed, nothing had changed much after all. I was still a coward and so I grabbed Kyst's arm and whirled around, stalking towards the pink counter. Grabbing a raspberry cupcake in one hand, I whisked a flute of champagne, swallowing the cupcake in one go, drinking the champagne right after, breathing heavily.