Connections

The weeks went by and the winter festival was fast approaching.

Ichigo sat on the floor in his room with Tatsuki opposite him. Their project was almost complete. She flicked through the scattered pages and Ichigo typed away at his laptop.

"Wanna order some food?" He yawns stretching his limbs.
"Mm?" Her head lifts from the paper "Please don't put pineapples on the pizza this time" she sighs packing the papers up.
"You're just weird" Ichigo taps away on his phone.
"I'm the weird one?" Her brow raised
Ichigo braced himself knowing that their usual banter resulted in him getting hit. But... nothing. Instead, her phone went off and Ichigo peeked from the top of screen.

'She's smiling?' And it wasn't her typical boyish smile. It was girly, feminine no- cute. He watched her bite her lip and her cheeks turn pink. 
'Did I miss something? When has Tatsuki ever acted like this?'

"Tatsuki.." Ichigo sat up. She looked over at him "You seem off?"
"What does that mean?"
"Like- a girl-" before Ichigo could finish his sentence the hard spine of the school textbook hit him square in the face.
"Are you saying you're just now seeing me as a girl?!" She grabbed another one ready to throw it.
"Sorry- i didn't mean it like that" Ichigo rubbed his nose.

Tatsuki folded her arms "You've never treated me like how you treat Orihime or (YN) even though I've known you the longest. I get it- I'm ruff around the edges-"
"Tatsuki...I do view you in that way. It's just that I've personally never seen you so- bashful"

There was a comfortable silence between them. 

Tatsuki placed a hand on her cheek she must have been blushing from the text message Uryu sent her. She hated how easily her emoting showed on her face. "Let's not get emotional or anything" she punched his arm playfully. 

"You know I'm always here for you"
Tatsuki sees the serious look in his eyes
"I know" matching his soft tone.

Ichigo's phone buzzed "Foods here" he excused himself out of the room. As he got the food he wondered who Tatsuki was texting. 'Does she have a boyfriend?' Ichigo tried to imagine the type of guy she would like. Muscular, tall, likes martial arts? Maybe it's a guy from the dojo?

Walking back into his room he notice Tatsuki wasn't there but she left her phone behind. He quickly placed the pizza on his desk and tiptoed over to her phone. He taps her screen the notification comes up. He sees Uryu's name but the content of the message is hidden.

"Oh it's just Uryu" he dismisses it not thinking much of it as of course, they are friends. He goes back to his desk.
"You didn't put pineapple on it right?" She leans over him resting her arm on his shoulder.
"Just for you I didn't"
"Thank you!" She grabs a slice taking her phone over to his bed.

Ichigo swivels around in the chair taking a bite.
"If you got a boyfriend you would tell me right?" He asks
*cough* "huh?" Tatsuki faced him, almost choking on her food.  "I-I guess yeah"
"So, you don't have a boyfriend right now?"
"Um- ah-"
"You do have a boyfriend!" Ichigo smirked "Who is it? Tell me"
"I don't- it's complicated" her face flushed. What would she call her and Uryu's relationship?

"At least tell me his name. Do I know him?"
"It's best I not say anything"
"Why?"
"Because you'll probably try and fight him. And act like a protective older brother. Plus we are not dating"
"Then what is it?" This was kind of reminding him of his relationship with you.

"As I said it's complicated" Tatsuki grabbed another slice.
"Have you kissed him?" Ichigo asked
Tatsuki's face burned bright red.
"I take that as a yes" he laughed
"Whatever!" She looked away.
"Then he is your boyfriend? Unless-"
"Unless what?"
"Friends with benefits" Ichigo didn't think she would be into that but seeing her reaction was priceless. Ichigo laughed hysterically.

"I could say the same about you and (YN)!"
Ichigo went silent. "That's right...I know what you two were up to on that trip" she pointed her finger at him. Now Ichigo's face reddens.
"In my defence I actually want us to go out. (YN) she- I don't know. Maybe she's not that into me?"
"Oh please" rolling her eyes. "(YN) is very into you"

"Then why-"
"Remember what  Uryu and I told you? The other factor"
Ichigo leaned his head back.
"Since you obviously still haven't figured it out. Let me ask you this."
Ichigo focused on her.

"Are you in love with two girls?"

Ichigo's eyes widen "wha-"
The window slid open "Kurosaki, hollows need to be cleared let's go!" Uryu crouched in the window frame.
Tatsuki sitting right by him she looked up but Uryu didn't look at her.
"Weren't you taking care of them? I could sense you fighting them!" Ichigo went into his soul reaper form.

"Aren't you the substitute soul reaper" Ishida jabbed back.
"Fine let's go!" They both flashed out of the room.

Tatsuki's heart sank a little knowing Uryu didn't even acknowledge her. It's not like he didn't know she was there beforehand.

"Tatsuki" a voice called to her. She looked back at the window it was Uryu with a smile on his face. He leaned down placing a kiss on her lips.
"See you at school tomorrow" he spoke before leaving again.

And just like that Tatsuki's heart beat a little faster.

 。
  。

Ichigo threw himself down on his bed. There were more hollows than expected plus the trip to soul society he came back later than he wanted to.
"My arms hurt" he moaned. He turned his head to his desk seeing how Tatsuki had placed everything neatly on there. He felt bad that he had to leave especially since they needed to finish that project.

Closing his eyes his mind drifted "in love with two girls?" Why would she think that? For now, he pushed that to the back of his mind. He wanted to know more about this guy Tatsuki liked. Maybe if he asked enough times she will reveal it. But then Uryu's message on her phone... He thought back to it. He hadn't noticed anything strange between them.  But what if it was him? Ichigo thought back to when he bumped into Tatsuki on his way to Uryu's apartment?!

What if it really is Uryu? Ichigo shot up on his bed. It was like the dots were connecting in his head but a few pieces were missing.

He immediately opens his phone.

Ichigo: u awake?
You: Yep
Ichigo: have you noticed anything weird about Tatsuki and Uryu?
You: nope why?
Ichigo: I think they're together
You: what?! How did you get to that?
Ichigo explained what happened.
Ichigo: I think we should investigate. I'll explain more tomorrow. 

A/N : thanks for reading! Working on the next chapter as soon as I can !!