Chapter 2

Walking downstairs, I see Travis and my lovely son, Steven, and my little bundle of joy, Sophia.

"Mommy!" Sophia smiles, putting a spoonful of mashed potatoes in her mouth.

"Hey baby!" I laugh, getting my plate and sitting next to her. "How was school?"

I look over to Steven, who is looking down and eating.

"Steven?"

He looks up and lightly waves to me. "Mom."

Travis finishes his plate and goes up to wash. "Steven."

"Is there anything going on at school, honey?" I finish my plate and hand it to Travis.

Steven pushes his plate back and shrugs. "I don't know."

Sophia looks up at me and taps my arm. "We need some rides to school tomorrow."

"Bus suspension?" I laugh, cleaning up the table.

Travis laughs and looks at me. "Worse."

We all turn our heads to Steven and he sighs and lays his head back. "After school tomorrow, I actually got a three day suspension.."

----

"Alright, hurry out! Mommas gotta get working!" I laugh, unlocking the back seats.

"Sorry mommy, see you later!" Sophia smiles and blows me a kiss as she walks out.

"See ya mom." Steven said, waving to me as he turns away and walks with Sophia.

I head over to work, sign in and go up to Mr. Jacksons office.

Before I knock on the door, I feel a tap on my shoulder. "Hiya, Gabby!"

I turn around and smile, seeing my new-ish friend Thomas.

"Hey, Thomas!"

"Hey! I was wondering, maybe we should go to dinner sometime, and get to know each other better?" He smiles, looking at me.

I nod and run a hand through my hair. "That sounds fun!"

"Alright," he smiles again. "Glad you made it on your second day."

I sigh and shake my head. "I don't know how I do it!"

He laughs and opens his office door. "You probably have a charm for him." He walks in and waves to me. "Talk to you later!"

Then, Mr. Jackson opens the door and welcomes me in.

"Miss. Scott."

"Mr. Jackson." I nod, sitting down in front of his desk.

Then he sits behind his desk and sighs. "Fifteen minutes late on the second day?"

My eyes widen as I check my watch. "Uh- I'm so sorry, sir. I had to drop my kids off at school. You see, my son got suspended-"

"Wait..." He interrupts me. "Children?"

Then Mr. Jackson looks me up and down. "You must be good."

I arch an eyebrow and cross my arms. "Excuse me?"

He shakes his head and laughs. "Good person, you must be a good person."

"Uh huh..." I laugh.

"But, it's alright. I'll let this one slide." Mr. Jackson licks his lips and looks at the clock. "So, do tell me about your children?"

I smile and nod, adjusting my posture in the seat. "I have two children. Steven, who is 14. He's the one who got suspension.. And my lovely daughter Sophia, who is 7."