Chapter 240

Darryl immediately put on his clothes, grabbed the scissors, and cut the rope.

Monica did not say a word and quickly went aside to dress up.

Darryl stood at the side in a reserved manner like a child who made a huge mistake.

At that moment, the atmosphere in the room was tense and a little delicate.

Monica bit her lip tightly after putting on her clothes. "Darryl, I'll act as if nothing happened today, but if I find out you've let this leak... I'll kill your entire family."

What would people think if they knew the Cult Mistress had an inappropriate relationship with her subordinate?

Monica wanted to kill Darryl, but alas he did save her life.

"Don't worry, Mistress. I won't say a word about it." Darryl quickly nodded his head and maintained a serious expression.

Phew.

Darryl was thankful that Monica did not change her mind. If not he would be buried on Elysian Island tonight.

Monica did not say another word and returned to the Cult Mistress's usual demeanor and waved her hand at Darryl. "That will be all. It's getting late, you should return to your room and rest."

"As you command, Mistress." Darryl replied and hastily retreated to his room.

As Darryl laid on the bed, he could not help but recall the scenario that had just happened.

Perhaps due to exhaustion, he fell asleep soon enough.

Darryl slept soundly that night.

The next morning.

"Hooah!"

Darryl was awakened by a series of loud yellings as he drowsily opened his eyes and looked across the window. He could hear the cult disciples practicing at the plaza not far from here. They were shouting their battle cry uniformly and thunderously.

'Damn, I can't sleep because of this early morning training.' thought Darryl.

Truth be told, these elite disciples were really diligent.

Darryl stretched his body and got out of bed. At that moment, Monica suddenly opened the door and came into his room.

Her beautiful face remained as calm as ever.

It was as if nothing happened the previous night.

Damn it.

Why was the Cult Mistress here?

Darryl started to worry upon seeing her in his room. He was afraid this woman was coming over to silence him forever.

Monica wore a long purple dress today which accentuated her beautiful figure while further increasing her magnificence at the same time.

Her appearance was mesmerizing and utterly alluring.

Darryl looked at Monica for a brief moment before retracting his gaze as he dared not be too presumptuous. He slowly said "What brings Mistress here so early today?"

Monica slowly walked toward the chair and sat down. "Darryl, let me remind you that you shall bring what happened last night to your grave. Otherwise, everyone related to you will die. Do you understand?"

"Yes, absolutely. Mistress, don't worry. You have my word." said Darryl as he obediently nodded.

Monica nodded her head in satisfaction upon hearing Darryl's reply as her voice had somewhat calmed down. "Another thing, don't forget the assignment I gave you yesterday. When you return to Donghai City, do everything you can to get that scripture for me."

"As you command." Darryl nodded his head but felt internally helpless and dejected.

Stealing a scripture was easier said than done.

Monica mentioned that the person serving as Hexad School's principal was an expert from Wudang Sect.

Darryl was merely a Level Five Master. Their difference in power was far too vast which made success chances way too slim. Moreover, Darryl had lived for over 20 years and had not stolen anything besides the phone that one time.

Monica laughed and pulled out an ancient book.

"I'm aware this might prove to be difficult assignment for you, so I've decided to give you this book. Perhaps you'll be able to steal the scripture once you've read this book." said Monica softly as she handed the book over to Darryl.

What was this?

A secret martial arts manual?

Darryl received the book in excitement. On the yellowing cover were two bold and simple words 'Shadow Skills'.

This book had quite an interesting title. Could it be another unique secret manual like Ascension of the Nine Dragons?