Rent Boy? (18+)

Wei Wuxian carefully refilled his and Lan Wangji's glasses shaking his head silently

Wei Wuxian carefully refilled his and Lan Wangji's glasses shaking his head silently. Lan Wangji's friend Xichen watched him and smiled sympathetically, Wei Wuxian smiled ruefully back. Xichen was about the only one of his lover's friends that he liked, so a party full of a bunch of tossers who hated him as much as he hated them was not his idea of fun. But it was for Lan Wangji's company and it was his place, so who was Wei Wuxian to complain. Sighing again as he realised he'd have to squeeze past Lan Wangji's little fan club to get back to his lover, Wei Wuxian braced himself and walked up behind the group.

"He's a little bitch, I can't stand him."

"He's not even contributing to the bills from what I hear."

"Well, he is unemployed. Oh no wait, I'm sorry, he's a writer."

There was a giggle and Wei Wuxian stiffened angrily. If he'd hated them before, finding out just how two faced they were just made him angrier, and sadder.

"He has got a peachy little ass though, maybe he's paying Lan Wangji in kind."

They all laughed and Wei Wuxian had to bite his lip to stop himself from retorting angrily. Carefully, as his hands were shaking, Wei Wuxian put the drinks down and walked away, climbing the stairs to hide in the bedroom. A rentboy? Is that how they saw him?

Wei Wuxian sighed and sat on the bed. Maybe they were right, maybe he was taking advantage of his lover. The older man had let him stay for weeks, months, and asked for nothing in return, even when Wei Wuxian had tried to offer. And whenever Wei Wuxian mentioned maybe heading home, Lan Wangji would just say he could stay for as long as he wanted.

What did that mean? God, he was so confused. He wanted to stay, loved living with Lan Wangji. His lover was kind and sweet, generous to a fault and fucking awesome in bed, and Wei Wuxian really, really liked him, more than liked him if he was honest with himself, but what did Lan Wangji want from him?

Wei Wuxian propped his head in his hands and sighed again, trying to decide what, if anything, to say to the older man.

_______________________________________

Lan Wangji frowned, suddenly realizing he hadn't seen Wei Wuxian for a while. "Excuse me," he murmured to the group he'd been standing with and wandered into the kitchen, looking for his lover.

"Xichen, have you seen Wei Wuxian?" Lan Wangji asked his best friend.

"He was going to find you," Xichen shrugged, "But that was ages ago."

Frowning again, Lan Wangji headed upstairs and opened his bedroom door. Wei Wuxian was sitting on the end of the bed looking very despondent. "Hey," Lan Wangji said softly.

Wei Wuxian blinked and looked up. He couldn't help a smile. "Hey," he replied.

"Hiding?" Lan Wangji asked softly, moving into the room and shutting the door behind him.