THE BOMBSHELLS

Hey guy! I know it has been a few days but I have finished making a rough outline for the remainder of the story. So look out for the next update it is going to be filled with more than one surprise. Hope you enjoy this chapter...

<>

The sky was covered with a dense array of clouds, pierced by brilliant rays of light filtering through. Stoick stood, gazing across the expansive ocean. The view looked like it was from a mythical storybook. From where he stood, he could hear the rhythmic crashing of the waves against the towering cliffs, he could see the expanse of the ocean below and the sun's radiant beams. It felt as though the gods themselves were watching over the magnificent island.

In the past month, Stoick had changed his perception of dragons. He no longer viewed them as mere formidable, fire-breathing creatures that descended from the skies like demons, but as beings that cherished their kin and bonded humans. Their loyalty was unwavering, and their assistance to humans was of great help.

Dragons brought efficiency and speed to various tasks, that speed coupled with Hiccup's inventions, would take the Draconians mere minutes to do tasks that would take the Berkians hours or even days.

For example: During Grimmel's assault, the village sustained only minor damage...

Dragon patrols. These aerial patrols provided early warnings of the impending attack, giving Hiccup a precious hour to organize and evacuate the villagers to the safety of the castle.

Thanks to the large sails on the warships and armed with cannons, ballistas and arrow launchers already fitted onto the ship, the fleet was able to set sail much quicker.

Under Viggo's leadership, the warships engaged the Trappers away from the island, preventing them from reaching the island shores. Despite their valiant efforts, unfortunately, the Trappers managed to break through the blockade and launch an attack on the island. The Dragon Riders swiftly dealt with the invaders attempting to infiltrate the caves, while automated catapults efficiently sank the few ships that came close to the island in a matter of minutes.

During this chaos, boulders from the Trappers caused damage to six houses. Fortunately, three of these structures, constructed from stone and equipped with Hiccup's fire prevention system, remained mostly undamaged. The other two had holes in the roof while one had a wall broken down. However, the natural surroundings of the island, the cliffside, expansive grasslands, ponds, waterfalls, and the forest, remained untouched, as did the Dragon Nest.

The village with the help of dragons, swiftly repaired the damaged houses. What would have taken at least a day for the Vikings to fix was accomplished in just half an hour, with an additional hour dedicated to letting the paint on the walls dry.

Stoick and the rest of the Berkians had been shocked at how fast the Draconians had counter-attacked, evacuated, defended their island and rebuilt. The attack had first started around midnight and was all but over a few hours before sunrise, the damages were fixed by the time the first rays of light lit the horizon.

The incident showcased not only the strength of the Draconians and the use of Dragons but also the effectiveness of Hiccup's innovations in ensuring the island's defence. Since then, Stoick and most of the Berkians started to respect Hiccup and began listening to his orders.

They could see he had transformed into an intelligent, fair, kind and powerful leader. For Thor's sake, Alvin the Treacherous and Dagur the Deranged respected and followed Hiccup's orders without a second thought.

Stoick had seen the brotherly bond the Dagur and his son shared, it didn't surprise him that the Chief of the Berserkers was Hiccup's closest ally. But the fact that his arch-enemy, Alvin, was one of Hiccup's most trusted advisers surprised him.