15. Retracing what was forgotten

Special thanks to my proofreaders: Lil_proto, Kranfoel, Delta-Soldier for fixing up the chapter! I know I said this like every chapter but I really appreciate you guys!

Somewhere deep in the institute, lies a hidden grove where a few latex creatures dwell whenever they seek peace of mind, protected by a giant latex with a gentle heart. Some of these latexes say she could even be the Mother of all white latex.

And her name...is Malinda Yeen.

It is rare for Mother Yeen to find a latex that is in dire need of help or care, considering how peaceful the Institute they call home can be. Unfortunately, today is that day, when she discovers a broken down latex, curling in a ball...injured even.

Now...while any goo creatures such as this one could regenerate the damage sustained...or even a missing arm, provided they have the energy and the excess latex to regrow any missing limbs, that doesn't mean it is easy.

Trixie, found herself in the loving arms of the gentle giant, taken to her humble abode where her children play together, drawing...chasing...wrestling...all under the watchful eyes of their mother.

Taken to a secluded area of her home, Mother Yeen places her on a comfortable large pillow, a mattress she calls it, where she can rest until she is fully rejuvenated. Luckily, Mother Yeen has some spare large canisters of excess white latex, shed off by prospering latexes that have no need for them, in case of emergencies.

The canister Mother Yeen provided gave more than enough to regenerate her arm, even make her fur more silky and soft, but...she still feels hollow inside, incomplete and she feels as though she will never be at peace.

Mother Yeen was able to sense her broken spirit and asked her what ails her, Trixie cries her troubles...her confusion...and this uncontrollable desire...her obsession to find this one human again.

She remembers how when she first caught him in the maintenance corridors, trying to transfur him. She was so happy when she caught him, mid-way through the transfur it was like she was fulfilling something she never thought she was missing...but then that wolf pulled the human away, and it was like a piece of her was torn away.

Whenever she sees the human, it's like something clicks in her mind, crying out for him. It's like...she was seeing an old friend again for the first time. And then, confusing images surface from her host's memories, ranging from seeing the same human sitting beside her, to one where she seems to cuddle him! Sleeping beside him on a similar nest like this!

After that, she knew she had to keep trying, she couldn't let this human go away, for fear of never seeing him again. But to her misfortune, the black wolf was still hovering around him. And now...that scary panther made short work of her, breaking down any confidence she used to have as a snow leopard.

How could she hope to get to the human if she can't fend off the latexes that get in her way? So useless...she would never find the human and solve all these strange feelings shrouding her mind... would she ever get back the piece of herself she lost?

Gone forever...

Trixie sighs in defeat, accepting that she will feel lost and broken forever. Collapsing onto her stomach, curling her tail up to her as she tries to huddle as close to it as possible.

The door opens.

And what comes through made her heart skip a beat.

'In here?'

'Yes, be good now alright? And do your best to cheer her up, it breaks my heart that I couldn't help her.'

'But who? Who is she? And-'