The One I Love The Most

Ushijima is in the middle of packing his training stuff when his phone rings.
"Shoyo.." Ushijima picked up the phone.

"Hello, Toshi.. uh.. where are you now?" If his lover sounds a little bit nervous, Ushijima doesn't comment on it.

"I'm still at the dorm right now. I was about to go to the club. Where are you?" Ushijima could hear noises at the other end.

"Well.. i'm just strolling around outside..so.. uhm.. Toshi.. there's something i want to tell you. Can you hear me out?"

"Sure.. What is it?"

There are a few moments of silence, and Ushijima senses something is off with his lover."Shoyo? Are you still there?"

"Yeah..."

"Are you okay?"

Another silence. And now Ushijima is getting impatient. He wonders what might happen to the younger male and what he is going to say."Shoyo—"

"Let's break up."

And now Ushijima is silent. He believes that he heard it wrong. There's no way Hinata will say something like..

"We should break up, Toshi.." Hinata's voice is clear.

But Ushijima chooses not to believe those words. That was a lie. That's not going to happen, right?

"I must be hearing the wrong things.."

"Toshi, I thought about it a lot and—"

"No."

"...Long distance relationships is hard—"

"Stop."

"—This is not going to work out for a long time, so it's better for us to seperate..."

"I said stop!" Ushijima is almost barking over the phone, his hand gripping tightly on the device he's holding on his ear, and the other hand curled into a fist.  "Stop this nonsense, Shoyo. We are not breaking up. I don't want to hear it anymore. Are we clear?" He hissed and gritted his teeth in anger and disbelief. It's a dangerous sign that Ushijima rarely uses that high tone.

Hinata inhales, trying to calm himself as he holds back tears. "Wakatoshi..."

"Do you not love me anymore? Shoyo, answer me. Is there someone else? I swear, i will kill that bastard for taking you away from me." Ushijima is growling and narrowing his eyes.

Hinata knows that his boyfriend is being serious now, yet Hinata let out a small laugh. "I know you will..." He knew that his possessive lover would kick anyone who even dared to touch him. "But no, there is no one else, Toshi.."

"So why? I don't understand." Ushijima sounds desperate now. "If you're still upset because i couldn't attend your graduation, then again, i apologize."
Another soft chuckle from the red-haired. "No, it's not that.." Hinata understood very well that Ushijima was busy with classes and varsity practices at college.

"I'm sorry if i didn't spend enough time with you because of our distance. I'm sorry i couldn't always be there for you. But to say that you want to break up is just too cruel, Shoyo.."

It is cruel, i know.

It hurts to hear Ushijima throw away his pride and keep apologizing, all Hinata wants is to hug his lover right now. But he had decided. This is for their sake. For Ushijima's sake. Hinata's voice broke into sobs. "Like i said, we're breaking up. It is better to end this relationship because—"

"ENOUGH!" Ushijima is not interested in hearing whatever the reason is. He doesn't need any explanations. He won't accept it. They love each other, and their love is real.
And if Hinata doesn't love him anymore? It doesn't matter because Ushijima will make sure that Shoyo has no other choice in life but to stick with him forever. Even if locking him up is necessary.

"Tell me where you are--" Ushijima grabs his bag and rushes towards the door.

"It's too late, Wakatoshi... I'm sorry, it seems i can't keep my promise. I'm not going to Tokyo for college.."

"If that's the case, I will quit college here and move back to Miyagi if i have to. If you want me to. I will move as close as i can so we can be together more, if that's what you want. You know i will do anything for you... I will give you everything you want. Everything you need. So please, Shoyo... I beg you, just don't do this to me."

Hinata smiles. That's so like Ushijima Wakatoshi he knows. He recalls when the older male had planned to move in with him once he graduated. He knew that Ushijima could go overboard with his requests, yet he always meant everything he said. Every Hinata's wish is his command.

Be strong, Hinata Shoyo. "I'm really thankful for all this time... You are the best boyfriend i've ever had, and you'll always have a special place in my heart forever.."

"What are you talking about?!"

You can do this. "I am sorry, Wakatoshi... Goodbye and..."

"No! Wait! Don't—"

"I love you..." always.

Hinata hung up, turning off his phone. He feels like the world is shattered, he kneels down, curling and burying his face on his knees. Tears finally fell. Crying his heart out loud, not paying attention to the people now staring at him in confusion."Toshi... *hic.. Toshi.. " Hinata kept calling out the man he loves the most as he burst out crying. And that was when the announcement for passengers to board the plane was heard.

🏐

Hinata told everything to Kageyama. His father, his insecurities, and all of his anxieties, as well as his future plans. And being the great friend he is, Kageyama quietly listens to his best friend's sobbing until he calms down.

"Why don't you tell Ushijima about all of it?"
Hinata slowly shakes his head. "This is my own problem, i don't want to burden him..."

Kageyama sighes.

"I won't oppose everything you'd wish to do. However... I don't think it's wise of you not to tell Ushijima-san about your plans..." It's a very bad idea, really.

Shoyo is quiet for a moment, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. "I thought about it a lot.. And i feel that i have to take this opportunity..."

"This is for the best.. for both of us." Hinata said it with a firm look.

Kageyama contemplated for a minute before he nodded as a form of understanding.
"Alright, so... Brazil, huh?"