Chapter 3: Dining with Darcy

Annette wakes up in another bed. This bed is different from the other one. This one is in a mansion,

Was this all just a dream?

She looked out the window by her bed, and Nope, there's fire, a lot of it. The walls outside were also made of red rock. She was still in hell, but why in this mansion?

"Hey, you're finally awake!" A girl said, walking into the room. She had long, straight, deep brown hair and hazel eyes. Despite being the level of Hell called gluttony, She was pretty skinny. She came in with a bounce in her step. Arms clenched tightly around a clipboard.

"How are you?" Annette said, confused.

"The name's Darcy," She said, putting her hand out for a shake. "I'm your new assistant."

"Why are you so Skinny if you're working in the gluttony level?" Annette asked.

"I could ask the same about you." Darcy replied. "But I'm on transfer from Envy."

Annette got out of bed to see she was fully clothed. She was wearing a yellow sweater, a white shirt, blue jeans, and sneakers. She normally would wear this as casual wear before she, you know, Died.

"Why am I wearing this?" Annette said, looking down at her attire.

"You don't have to wear it," Darcy said, snapping her fingers. In an instant, Annette's casual clothes transformed into a more demonic outfit. There was a long black corset with golden buckles that was connected to her crotch and bra with straps going under her arms and over her shoulders. It also long black gloves with a long red strip going down the middle, long black leggings that ended at her the start of her thighs, which had straps to connect it to the corset.

"What the?" Annette shouted, confused.

"So that's a no," Darcy replies, snapping her fingers again, returning Annette to her original outfit.

"So what are we going to do today?" Annette said, walking out of the bedroom and down the hall, exploring the mansion.

"Well, there's a few things that need to be covered," Darcy said, following behind her, swiping the paper up on her clipboard. "Well, you could do some torturing and feeding,"

"Alright then, let's just get some food first." Annette said, searching around. "Damn, where is the kitchen?"

"Right this way ma'am" Darcy says, grabbing her hand and pulling her across the house until they reach it.
Annette sits down at the dining room table, right across from a countertop, with a vast kitchen with many chefs doing whatever they can to look busy. One woman walks over and crosses her arms on the countertop.

"So, do you want my dear?" The woman said with a southern accent.

"Well ...um... what do you have?" Annette asked.

"Anything you want, Darling," She said. "You're the boss,"

"I'll go with... Some pancakes," Annette said, coming up with something on the spot.

"Coming on up," She says, turning around with all the other chefs shuffling around to prepare the breakfast.

Annette sat down with Darcy at the opposite end of the dining table. The chairs were extremely comfortable and sink down deep once sat upon.

'I thought they could make things instantly,' Annette thought to herself, but didn't really care. She wasn't that hungry.

After a few minutes, the woman comes out with two plates in her hand. Darcy gets a decently big plate of pancakes, with Annette getting a bigger plate. The pancakes were drenched in maple syrup.

"Enjoy," She said before walking back into the kitchen.

Annette gets her knife and fork, cuts a bit out, and takes a bite. And it. Was. Delicious. Delectable. The only way to describe you would be to pull out a thesaurus.

"Good, Huh?" Darcy said, looking up after taking a bite herself.

"That's incredible!" She replied, quickly taking another bite.

"Comes with the Job," Darcy said, putting a small piece of pancake in her mouth. "That's why I'm an Assistant,"

"Wait, so how did you die?" Annette asked.

"Got hit by a truck," Darcy answers bluntly.

"Oh God!" Annette said, shocked.

"Yep," She said, eating another pancake. "It could have been anything else. It had to be that."

They both ate silently for a few minutes, enjoying the pancakes

"So how did you die?" Darcy said, trying to break the awkward silence.

"My stomach burst inside myself," Annette replied.

"That's pretty bad." She said.

After a few minutes of chatter interrupted by the consuming of pancakes, the two were both done. And needed to get on to some actual work.