₀ ₀ ₂

AALIYAH never really had a home since her mother died; sure, she's always been blessed enough to have a roof over her head, but ever since her mother's death, her "home" always felt empty. There wasn't anyone to hang family pictures up anymore or anyone to bake cookies at midnight because they wanted to surprise the family with baked goods. There weren't any food fights in the midst of cooking dinner. Just four empty, lonely walls and large glass windows that caught the earth's and Aaliyah's tears.

So when Aaliyah moved to Seattle, she was determined to find a home. Somewhere that could be filled with love and affection. Until then, she decided to stay at a hotel, not wanting to ruin the process of finding her dream home. Besides, the hotel she was currently living at was luxurious. Plus, the Valentine woman could never pass up an opportunity to be served breakfast in bed.

As Aaliyah changed in the locker room, she overheard Izzie and George rave about possibly moving in with Meridith seeing that she needed roommates

As Aaliyah changed in the locker room, she overheard Izzie and George rave about possibly moving in with Meridith seeing that she needed roommates. Aaliyah thought it was stupid; they spend over 100 hours a week with each other, and coming home to the same face she saw at work not even two hours ago would've driven her off the edge.

"What about you, Aaliyah? Do you need roommates?" George asked, closing his locker to peer down at the woman.

"Yeah, where does the heiress live?" Izzie inquired, tilting her head.

"The Four Seasons," Aaliyah commented dryly as she chewed on a pen cap," I haven't found the perfect home yet,"

"Well, why don't you move in with Meridith?" George suggested, curious as to why she hadn't asked Meridith to move in.

"George, we see each other more than married couples; why would I move in with her?" Aaliyah scoffed, getting up, making her way to leave the locker room.

"Because you need a home," Izzie answered, causing George to rapidly nod his head in agreement.

Giving a tight smile, Aaliyah made her way to Meridith with the group, still discussing the possibility of them moving in with the blonde. As the group approached, Aaliyah noticed the extra cup of coffee in her hand. Eyes immediately lighting up, Aaliyah made a suggestive eyebrow at the cup, causing Meridith to hold out the cup towards the woman.

"Why do you post posters for roommates if you don't want roommates?" Izzie asked, still confused as to why Meridith won't allow her to move in.

"I do want roommates," Meredith exclaimed, shaking her head, "We're together 100 hours a week. You want to live together too?"

"That's what I told her," Aaliyah agreed as she took a sip from her coffee, closing her eyes at the taste.

"Exactly, see you get it, Aaliyah," Meredith scoffed, nodding towards the shorter woman, "Did any of you even ask if Aaliyah needs roommates?"

"Aaliyah lives in a hotel," Izzie shot back, "Besides, she's loaded; she doesn't need roommates,"

"You live in a hotel?" Meredith questioned, raising an eyebrow at the Valentine woman, "Wanna move in?"