𝗈𝗇𝖾. 𝖻𝗋𝗈𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝖺𝗀𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗌𝗍 𝖻𝗋𝗈𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋

( 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇𝖾 — 𝗉𝗂𝗅𝗈𝗍 )

( 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗉𝗂𝗅𝗈𝗍 )

"Are you crazy?" Riley Davis snapped to the boy on the other end of the phone call. "A freaking school bus?! That's like... grand-theft auto, you know?"

"Try telling that to Nate." Brayden Scott sighed to his friend. "It was his stupid idea and now dad's on Whitey's case because half of the team got freaking suspended."

"Well, tell your brother he's an idiot." The blonde haired girl shook her head as she spoke, shivering slightly from the cold air, heading towards Karen's Cafe.

"Gee, thanks Riles." Nathan responded to Riley's surprise, making her huff out a breath. "Well, I'm not wrong and Brayden, stop putting me on speaker!"

The Davis girl simply received laughs in response from the Scott twins making her sigh as she finally approached the door to the cafe, swinging it open to see Karen stood behind the counter.

"Listen, I gotta go but I'll see you tomorrow so I can throw a basketball to your head. Maybe it'll knock some sense into you." Riley remarked through the phone, sending a quick wave to the woman behind the counter.

"And who are you referring to?" Brayden asked.

Riley hummed. "You know who. But who knows? It might be double for one, depends what mood I'll be in."

"Alright then. Bye, blondie." Brayden chuckled, the two friends saying their goodbyes before hanging up the phone.

"Hi Hi." Riley smiled at Karen after slipping her phone into her pocket.

"Hi Riley. How was your day?" The brown-haired woman asked with a smile, the two going into conversation, reciting what they had done that day.

"I'm so glad to be here though because your food is one of my favourite things ever." The blonde Davis girl grinned, which made Karen smile. But before she could respond, the door was pulled open again to reveal Lucas coming in from playing basketball at the River Court.

"Hey, Mom. Hey, Ry Ry." Lucas greeted the two by the counter, who responded with their own greeting. "It smells good in here. Did you change your hair?"

Karen slapped the cloth onto the counter. "If by 'change' you mean 'dragged a brush through it,' then yeah."

"Well, it looks nice." Lucas complimented his mother, getting a thank you in return. This got a smile from Riley though she was trying to hide the envy she was feeling of their relationship, due to her own mother issues.