𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐋 𝐌𝐘 𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

2ɴᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ (๑˘ꇴ˘๑)

Tanjiro held you and the recovering Nezuko closer to him as the words of Rui's insane request ran through his mind.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Tanjiro replied with clenched brows.

Rui's cold expression didn't change, his eyes emotionless as he continued, "Your sister will be my sister. Starting today."

Tanjiro held the two of you closer, his frown deepening while he held you, "You don't actually think I'd ever agree to that!" His expression hardened, "Not to mention, Nezuko's not a thing! She has her own feelings and will! There's no way she'll ever be your sister!"

"It's all right. No need to worry." Rui continued, his face unchanging, "Because I'll forge a bond. I'm stronger than you. I'm talking about the bond of terror. I'll teach her what happens when she disobeys."

Tanjiro suddenly raised his nichirin (which you noticed was chipped) at the demon before he could continue further, "I've had enough of you spouting this nonsense!" He yelled, "Using terror to shackle someone hand and foot is not the bond of a family! Until you fix that basic misunderstanding, you'll never get what you desire!"

Rui's eyelids lowered, his face showing how unamused he was, "So irritating." He grumbled, "Would you mind not shouting? We don't see eye to eye, do we?"

You knew Tanjiro was fed up when he dropped the box and stood up. You held Nezuko's right hand as you watched him walk away from your hiding place.

Nezuko's hand tightened around yours, signalling she was worried about Tanjiro's safety.

The hanafuda boy stood in-front of Rui once more, his hand clenching around the hilt of his chipped blade, "I'll never hand Nezuko over to you!" He yelled.

Rui's shoulders shrugged ever so slightly, "That's okay, I guess." He said, his voice monotone as he continued, "I'll just kill you and then take her."

"I'll cut off your head first!"

The corner of Rui's lips turned upwards, a creepy yet sadistic smile on his face, "That's the spirit! I'd like to see you try it."

His pale hand lifted up his left bang and revealed his other eye. It was exactly the same as his right eye but the words "LOWER FIVE" were written in kanji in his pale blue pupil.

His eery smile only grew, "Let's see if you can take down a being like me! One of the Twelve Kizuki!"

You couldn't tell what was going on, but by the way Tanjiro was standing, a fight was about to start.

The demon in front of Tanjiro didn't smell like any other demon you've smelt before. This Rui demon was definitely the one that was glaring at you when you were with the woman.