3. Villains hate that feature

Joker screamed when Dick stood up from where he'd been lying in his blood. "You're dead," he said quite observantly.

"Not quite," Dick replied through gritted teeth.

Joker was beaten back by Dick's bloody escrima sticks, and soon decided to exit rather dramatically through the nearest window.

Dick fell to sit on the floor, shaken as usual by his resurrection. He peeled off his mask, his eyes casting a faint golden glow in the room.

Fearing the panic attack that nearly always followed his death and subsequent undeath, Dick pressed a finger to his com set, sending out a signal and waiting for anyone to reply.

"Need something Goldie?" Jason asked, not in a good mood if the sound of his voice was anything to go by.

Dick squeezed his eyes and made a quiet whimpering noise, not able to do or say much else at the moment.

"Dickie?" Jason said, concern penetrating through his facade of apathy.

Dick's eyes shot open, his breath becoming irregular. "B-Bruce... help... help me," he gasped weakly, his foggy mind not remembering who he'd been talking to.

"Hold on Dickie, I'll be there in a few minutes," Jason said, the noise of his motorcycle buzzing through the coms for a moment before it was only silence.

True to his word, Jason arrived only a few minutes later, slowly approaching his brother. "Bluebird?" He called, cautiously making his way to his brother's side.

Dick's breaths were choppy and irregular, his eyes blown wide. He flinched as Jason approached, whimpering pitifully.

Jason pulled off his helmet, crouching down to be on more of Dick's eye level. "Wing, can you hear me?" He asked.

Dick remained as still as before, staring, it seemed, through Jason at some unseen attacker.

Jason scooted closer to his brother, loosely grabbing his wrist.

Dick let out another frightened whimper as Jason gently placed his hand on his chest, breathing deeply. "Breathe with me Wing," he said.

After a moment, Dick began struggling to force his lungs to expand in time with Jason's, his eyes darting around the room as his mind continued to panic.

"Hey," Jason said, lifting a hand to cup Dick's cheek. "You're here Bluebird, you're safe."

"Jay," Dick mumbled quietly.

"That's right, I'm here Bluebird, I'm here," Jason soothed.

Dick squeezed his golden eyes closed, tears rolling down his cheeks. "H-he... I... I..." he mumbled, unable to force the words he wanted to say from his lips.

Jason shushed him gently, pulling him into his arms. "It's ok," he reassured.

Dick sobbed into his brother's shoulder, memories of his time with the court still tormenting his mind.

Jason rubbed Dick's back gently, whispering soothing words until he finally calmed down.

Bruce arrived a few minutes later to see his oldest sleeping on Jason's shoulder, tear tracks running down his blood stained cheeks.

Jason shifted, allowing Bruce to scoop Dick up into his arms. The talon subconsciously grabbed a fistful of Bruce's cape, holding tightly to his father figure in his sleep.

Bruce wrapped his cape more fully around his son, knowing Dick always appreciated the warmth and comfort it offered. "Thank you Jason," he whispered.

Jason nodded, standing and grabbing his helmet. He cleared his throat. "Uh... don't let any of the others know about that," he said gruffly.

Bruce's lips twitched up into a smile. "Your secret's safe with me."