1. Anti Batman

Dick knew his fear wasn't logical whatsoever. He knew that Bruce and Batman were the same person, but that didn't stop him from subconsciously freezing up whenever he was directly addressed by the dark night.

Maybe it was the dark suit or the empty white lenses on Bruce's cowl that reminded him just a bit of his time at the court, but Dick couldn't deny that he was afraid of his own mentor.

Of course he never told this to Bruce. It would surely break the man's heart. Besides, there wasn't anything he could do about it. It's not like Bruce would ever consider adding a pink sparkly suit with a tutu to his normal gear.

No, Bruce was Batman. It was his job to strike fear into the hearts of others... and unfortunately that just so happened to include his own son.

Dick was knocked off balance as he fought against Red Hood. He knew it was Jason under the emotionless red mask, and held himself back, not wanting to harm his brother.

Unfortunately, Jason didn't seem to have the same sentiments for Dick, showing him absolutely no mercy as he swept his feet out from under him.

Dick fell the 10 or so feet into the alley below, his head bouncing on the ground with a crack.

Jason paused for a moment, pretending he didn't notice the flood of relief that rushed over him when he saw that Dick's chest was still moving with shallow breaths. He was still alive.

The familiar hum of the Batmobile's engine made Jason turn and run off into the night.

Bruce jumped out of the Batmobile, running to Dick's side. He'd been in the area when he'd received an emergency alert.

Dick stirred slightly, his eyes opening a crack.

"Nightwing," Bruce said, concern evident in his voice.

Dick immediately sat up and scooted himself as far away from Bruce as possible, his head swirling from hitting the ground.

"Calm down Bluebird, it's just me," Bruce said, holding his hands out in a placating gesture.

Dick's breath was coming fast. "St-stay away," he gasped, the white lenses of his domino mask opened wide.

Bruce was taken aback, had Dick been hit with fear toxin? Or was he really this terrified of him?

Dick eyes fluttered, his body deciding wether or not it was going to force him to breathe normally by passing out.

The noise of hurried footsteps drew Bruce's attention as he was pushed out of the way by Tim.

"Robin," Dick said with just a wisp of a voice.

"I'm here Wing," Tim said, grabbing onto his brother's shoulders and holding him steady.

Dick's breathing calmed slightly. "Wh-where am I?" He asked.

"You're in downtown Gotham," Tim responded calmly. "We think you fell off of that building."

"Oh..." Dick said, looking up at the roof. "Not that far," he mumbled.

"Uhhhh," Tim said, "that's kinda far..."

"Where is everyone?" Dick asked, pushing himself into a standing position before nearly falling on Tim.

"Everyone's inside Nightwing," Bruce said, grabbing onto Dick's arm so he wouldn't fall.

Dick stiffened when he saw Bruce, his breath hitching.

"You're scaring him," Tim hissed, stepping in front of his father.

Dick blinked, seeming to back to normal... ish. "Come out of your houses and frolic cowards!!" He suddenly shouted.

"Oooookay... time to get you back home," Tim said, grabbing Dick's hand and leading him towards the car.

Dick tried to follow, but his body didn't agree, and he stumbled, falling heavily into Bruce, who scooped his son up into his arms when he noticed him loosing consciousness.

"Robin," Bruce said, making sure the younger was paying attention. "I need you to sit in back with him and monitor him. You have a light in your belt, I need you to check his pupils.

Tim quickly slid in the back seat, pulling out his pen-light and gently tugging off Dick's mask. "This doesn't look good," he said, glancing towards Bruce. "His pupils are two very different sizes, both of them not really reacting to the light."

Bruce's grip tightened on the steering wheel, his foot coming down just a bit harder on the gas.

The car went over a particularly rough bump, jostling everyone inside.

Dick's eyes opened on their own for a second, only for them to be clamped closed as he leaned over and vomited on the floor of the car.

"He couldn't have waited 1 more minute," Bruce mumbled, pulling into the entrance of the Batcave.

"He probably did it out of spite," Tim retorted.

Bruce huffed, stopping the car and grabbing the eldest out of the back.

Dick's eyes fluttered open as he was being carried. He suddenly froze when he knew where he was being taken. "No no no no no," he cried softly.

Bruce felt terrible as he headed over to the cryo pod they'd taken from the court. They rarely ever used it, usually Dick's talon healing took care of things, but once in a while they'd have a more serious emergency, usually one involving a wound they couldn't even see. That's when they'd use the pod to help Dick heal.

It was no secret however that Dick hated the pod.

Bruce felt immensely guilty as he opened the pod and laid his son inside.

Dick glanced around in panic as it closed, tears rolling down his cheeks as he watched Batman lock the pod and start the freezing process.

Dick came to on a comfy bed, wrapped in fluffy warm blankets. He was so tempted to let unconsciousness claim him again, but he fought the urge and opened his eyes.

Someone in all black was resting their head on their arms at the end of the bed, and Dick hated the way his heart seemed to twist, anxiety building in his chest at the thought that it might be Batman.

Bruce lifted his head to see his son watching him.

Dick released a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. "Hey," he said quietly.

"Hey," Bruce replied with a tired smile. "You gave us quite a scare there."

"Sorry," Dick mumbled.

"No need to apologize. There wasn't anything you could've done to change what happened," Bruce reassured.

Dick sighed and looked away.

"I am curious though... and you don't have to tell me if you don't want to... but are you afraid of me?" Bruce asked gently.

Dick sighed, knowing it would eventually come to this. "No..." he started out. "I'm afraid of Batman..."

Bruce blinked and sat in silence for a few moments. "I'm so sorry," he said, the full realization of just how traumatic the other day must've been for his son.

"There isn't really anything you could do about it," Dick said weakly.

Bruce squared his jaw. "You know I don't like being told what to do," he said jokingly. "I'm going to fix this."

Dick chucked softly. "We'll fix this one together then."