Chapter 3

The Fortune Favors the Bold

Every weekend, if the clock does not strike midday, Phraphai never wakes up because if there is not any race on Friday, the man who enjoys having a good time would go out to find something new in life at a pub or a bar until late at night, and then come back later for a long, long sleep. But today, when the tanned-skinned man gets out of bed before 9 a.m. with bright eyes and no signs of sleepiness that occurs on the working days, the corner of his lips rise in total joy.

If Phraphai still had fun by finding something fresh, he would not have gone out of his way to trick a kid to get another kid's number.

Since even before this time, it has been a while that the tall figure has felt that everything had not been as much fun as before. His mind always thought back to the heated night with that icy kid, but since there was no racing match yesterday, and he did not have any appointments to wander in the night, he went straight back home, had dinner with his family, and went to bed before midnight, to... wake up early and catch the target.

Now that his fun comes in the form of a tall, slim kid with cold eyes, and red lips, who probably already threw away the flower bouquet on the day he got them, he should wake up early to flirt and do some scoring. If Phraphai was asked if he liked the kid or not, the answer would most definitely be yes, or else he would not be wasting so much time on this. But in what way does he like him? He still does not have the answer either.

The man only knows that he is attracted to one when one is stuck in his mind, and when this one is stuck in his mine, why would he remove him? He would rather fight so that the kid becomes attracted to him too.

He hums with the thoughts while taking a shower and dressing up quickly. He switches from his working day shirt and slack pants to jeans and a dark-colored T-shirt that shows off his figure. He slicks his short hair, stares at the mirror, and smiles confidently at his own appearance.

Phraphai never doubted that he was not handsome.

Not that he is a narcissist, but this conclusion comes from the reactions of the people around him; no matter whether they are girls or guys, they all surrender their hearts to him. He might not be over the top handsome like Phayu, his racing best friend, but the man is certain that his muscular figure and his sharp face can compete with any other man.

Besides, he has got a good background.

Not only does he have the looks, but his financial status is never a problem either. He has got more than he could spend, even though his work may not be as grand as the CEO position like that of his father, but as the oldest heir, he has got enough. He also has both bachelor's and master's degrees overseas as another form of guarantees of his firm status, so Phraphai could always find someone to join him in bed.

But... no one cares in the least bit.

That kid, Sky, is the one who looks at him with icy, cold glances, as if his appearance does not attract him at all, but that does not lessen his confidence. On the contrary, he feels indescribably intrigued. It is not like no one has denied him. Of course, some people have, but not with those looks of disgust and loathing.

It makes him want to know more about what is inside the boy's mind.

"Then I have to find out."

He says it with a smile and grabs his favorite helmet, and then heads downstairs.

On any day that he does not 'pick up' anyone back, Phraphai will normally return home as opposed to the condominium he bought for that circumstance.

"Phai, you're up early today."