Chapter 1

When the Wind Blows This Way

Twomonths later.
"It's getting exciting. Next, volume 45."

Inside the dorm room not too far from the well-known university, the owner of the room, Naphon, or as his friends call him 'Sky,' is lying on the big bed with his feet wiggling. On the mattress are tens of comic books on top of each other all around him, and when he finishes one, he rolls over to the edge of the bed to look for the next one in the set he just bought.

"This is volume 46, and where the hell is volume 45?"

When he realizes the book at top is not the one he wants, the person who has been lying there since yesterday bounces up from the crumpled bed sheets to search in the pile of the set of 70-volume comic books that he just bought to binge on until his eyes are tired. But no matter how hard and careful he looks at the spines of all the books or even pours the rest of them onto the bed, he still cannot find the one he is looking for, and he has to tie his eyebrows.

"What the hell! Volume 46 to 70 are all here, so where the fuck is my volume 45!?" The owner of the room mumbles to himself in frustration because after lining up all the unread books in the set, he finds that there's only one missing. His eyes spot the receipt that was tucked with the comic books and dropped from the bag when he poured the books out. He picks it up and thinks to himself that if they charged him for seventy books, he will storm to the store and cause hell to break loose there.

Everyone can do whatever they want—I'm not upset by any of it, but don't leave me on a cliffhanger in the middle of comic books binge!

He thinks as he is calculating the numbers from the receipt quickly and discovers that...

"They really charged me for sixty-nine volumes."

So the seller did not bring him all of them.

Thud!

Once he realizes that, Sky lies back down on the bed, rubs his eyes that are tired from the days and nights of binge-reading the comic books, but he is really into it, so nothing can stop him. Also, during the school time, he has gotten used to sleep deprivation, so just stupidly reading comic books all day long will not hurt him as badly as the way the professors constantly assigned him all the work.

"What time is it?"

When he cannot continue reading his comic books, a person who does not like skipping any part while reading comic books asks about the time. As he glances at the clock on the wall, it does not surprise him in the least bit why his eyes are so teary.

I probably haven't slept for a day and a half.

He thinks as he is rubbing his stomach, because he has come to realize that if he has not slept, then he has not eaten anything either.

"Eat, shower and sleep. Then, once I wake up, I'll go buy volume 45." The young man concludes it with himself and walks to the refrigerator to see if there is anything to feed on. Even if he lives in a dorm, not all kids who lives in a dorm depend on instant noodles—he wants some rice even if it is a frozen meal.

And this is just a daily routine in Naphon's day during the school break.

Even though Sky is one of his class' committee who is well respected by his classmates during the school time at the Faculty of Architecture, during the school break when he does not need to be hectic with turning in assignments to the professors, spending the time writing plans more than calling his parents, and also taking responsibility for his class activities, the young boy wants to just have lazy, carefree days once in a while too.