Chapter 13: I'm Only Human

"Give me one reason I should believe you." I said.

"What is so hard for you to understand. Not every guy has to be in love with you!" Damon yelled.

"I don't care if you're not in love with me.. I know what I chose.." I sighed.

"Then what? Why do you care?" He asked.

"Because you don't!" I yelled.

"So you think I have to care about you?" He asked confused.

"You've always cared about me.. So yeah I think it's a little strange." I shrugged.

"What do you want me to say? That I care about you, that I'm still in love with you? That you ripped my heart out when you chose Stefan?" He asked pushing me against the wall furiously.

"I want to know that you still have your emotions, because I'm not letting you go back to what you were." I replied staring into his eyes carefully.

"You mean a blood sucking, no humanity, vampire?" He asked with a smirk.

"I can't let you turn it off Damon, I won't let you!" I said softly.

"What if I already have?" He asked and just as he said that Elena walked into the room.

"Rox what's going-" She started but Damon let go of me and rushed at her.

"Damon stop!" I yelled as he held Elena in a choking position.

"What's stopping me from killing her?" He asked his fangs were coming out and his veins popping near his eyes.

"Because she's my sister, Damon please don't go there!" I yelled.

"Oh, you think I'll stop because she's your sister." He chuckled about to put his fangs deep in her neck.

"Damon!" I yelled pushing him away from her with magic.

"That wasn't nice." He hissed, getting up quickly and charging at me.

"I'm not going to let you get so far deep that you forget who you are." I said pushing him down again, but this time I was on top of him holding him down by his arms.

"Why do you care what I do? You got what you wanted." He said calmer now putting his fangs away.

"I still love you! I'm trying to fight it because this is what happens when things don't go your way.." I sighed.

"That's why I can't be with you?" He asked.

"You make me a different person when we're together.. I need to know what it's like without you." I said getting off of him.

"This is what it's like when I'm not with you." He said.

"Roxanne." Elena said looking at Damon nervously, before I could do anything he ran back to her and snapped her neck.

"No!" I screamed running over to her lifeless body.

"This is your fault." He replied before leaving me there tears streaming down my face.

After that everything went black and suddenly I woke up. My body shot up quickly and my eyes were wide. I was panting heavily and my hands were covering my mouth in shock. I realized where I was now and it was still dark in the room. It was all just a dream, thank god, nothing bad actually happened. I looked over next to me and noticed Stefan waking up now and he noticed I was sitting up, still heart pumping, scared as hell.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked sitting up worriedly.

"I just.. I had a really horrible dream." I breathed staring into space.