seven

lorelai was eager to make this as quick as she could. she kept stealing quick glances at her phone to check the time to make sure she didn't stay here longer than she wanted.

she was standing outside of curtis's house knowing who was inside.

after seeing him again, she knew she needed a sense of closure and she prayed that speaking to him would be that.

she heard the door opening and the noise quickly snapped her out of her thoughts.

"he's in the back," murmured curtis. he gave her shoulder a quick squeeze. "you'll be ok."

she let out a deep breath before making her way to the back of the house.

"you always take so long answering the door,"complained trent assuming it was curtis behind him.

"trent," quietly said lorelai.

trent's head quickly snapped around when he heard her voice. he stood there is slight disbelief as to why she was here right in front of him.

"should i go?" asked trent knowing that he couldn't stay around her.

no she wanted to say. she wanted to talk to him, she needed to talk to him but she couldn't bring herself too.

"i..." she started unable to get the rest of the words out of her mouth.

"i'll see you around lorelai," he said before walking towards the front of the house.

"no wait we need to talk," called lorelai after him.

"ok," he murmured accepting that it was the right thing to do.

being nervous was an understatement. for the pair of them. surprisingly enough it was a nice day in merseyside today. maybe that was a sign.

they both sat down on the outdoor chairs, an awkward silence falling between the two ex-lovers.

"how have you been?" asked trent breaking the silence.

lorelai let out a small laugh. how have i been? fucking insane because i couldn't be near you for all these years.

"sorry." she started. "i've been fine."

trent couldn't help but stare at her intently. tracing every feature on her face, every hair on her head, every line in her skin. he almost felt disbelief that he was sitting across from her having a conversation. he had missed her. too much.

"i've been fine too." trent said breaking the eye contact they had held and looking down into his lap.

"i tbink you've been more than fine," lorelai laughed. "i always knew you could do it trent, win every trophy you could have ever wanted."

he looked up at her, a small smile on his face after hearing her words. "i still think about you every game," trent murmured. "every goal, assist, win, loss or draw."

lorelai felt the lump in her throat. don't fucking cry. don't show him how much he affects you.

"i've watched every game trent," she said smiling sadly. "if i can be honest..."