Chapter 7

Hector had offered for me to stay in his room for the night and I happily accepted. Though I found it hard to sleep due to the constant ache in my chest, a mixture of stress and anxiety, but fear also fear for my friends. 'I hope they got to the hold safely'. The thought wouldn't leave my mind. 

I wasn't able to handle it much more. So the moment I noticed sunlight sneaking through the curtains at the far end of the room I decided to take a walk. Though before I left I found a dress slung over the back of a chair in Hectors room. It wasn't to extravagant with having an ombré of a black to pale lavender beneath a fin layer of floral black lace. 

Finding my boots from the day prior at the foot of my bed I laced them up and vacated the room for the eerily silent corridors. Thanks to the fact that vampires couldn't go out in the sunlight I felt rather safe, so long as I stuck to the corridors with light coursing through them. 

Finally having the time to think I wondered wether the castle had wards surrounding it that prevented me from using magic. So finding an open window I decided to check. Placing my hand just past the fresh hold I allowed my magic to seep from the tips of my fingers and as nothing happened I was proven right, there were no wards. 

I now knew what had to be done. Navigating my way back through the corridors I found my self back inside Hector's room searching for some parchment. Acquiring some from his desk draw I began to right a letter to my brother. 

Not spending to much time on the letter I merely wrote how I had to leave Dracula's castle and that I couldn't have been more frilled or relived to find him still alive. Signing my name at the bottom I folded it and abandoned it to be found by Hector when he returned.  

Making my way to the balcony attached to the room I looked out upon the horizon, picturing clearly the image of the Hold that Trevor had described to us days prior. The ancient books shelves and tapestries, floors littered with any and all kinds of weapons. With the image clear in my mind I razed my hands focussing my mind until a puff of purple smoke enveloped my body. 

Feeling a shift in the surface beneath my feet I opened my eyes to find my self in what I knew was the Belmont hold. The moment I collected myself a sword was balanced on my shoulder. Before I could get a word out I felt two strong arms consume me in an embrace. 

Turning my head I didn't expect to find Alucard at the giving end of the hug. I could hear two pairs of footsteps pat against the floor as Trevor and Sypha came into view. "Alucard why did run off?" Her words evaporated once her eye's landed on me. 

Being released from the Dhampir's hug I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks. Suddenly I was pulled into another hug, but this time it was Sypha. "Elia your alive?" Trevor spoke, though his tone seemed to imply more of a question than a statement. At the nickname I almost corrected him, but decided to let it go just this once. "I'm alive." 

Sypha released me from the hug and proceeded to bombard me with questions. "How are you alive, Where were you and How did you get new cloths?" I chuckled at the questions before responding to what I could. "Well after the Night creatures attacked I woke up in Draculas' castle." Before I could even continue the three of them repeated my words. "Dracula's castle." 

I nodded my head and motioned for them all to be quite as I explained. "Yes, I would have been killed to if it wasn't for Hector."  At the mention of his name I noticed Alucard's eye's brighten in recognition. "Your brother, how does he come into all of this." I took a breath to steady my sudden nerves. "He's one of Dracula's two forge masters. He creates the night creatures." The looks I got were anything but pleasant. 

Sadly it was Trevor who spoke and not in the most polite of ways. "So your brother is the reason thousands of people are daed, that we were almost dead." I huffed in annoyance and anger at his words. 

"You don't understand. What would you do if you were approached by the literal king of vampires and given protection from a war that includes the extinction of the human race, and the only price you had to pay was creating an army for that war?"  Trevor stepped forward, most likley trying to further his point. "I would deny the offer." His voice was laced annoyance that I would even be asking this. 

Folding my arms I turned away from the three not daring to look any of them in the eye, not even Alucard. "Yeah well when your born with abilities that cause you to be persecuted by every human you have ever met, including your own parents, to the point they'd abandon and want you dead. Choosing to wipe out that race and join the one that accepts you doesn't seem all that bad of a deal, or at least I know that's what my brothers thinking."  

I felt a hand connect with my shoulder, I didn't bother to look. "But what do you think?" I knew what my answer was, although I was uncertain of how they would react. "When he explained to me I told him even though I didn't agree with what he had done I knew that if our positions were reversed I would have done the same."