Chapter 1

Winding through the nearly deserted streets of Gresit  I found the silence to be eerie, as if something was out of balance. Looking up to the sky I had hopped to find the stars but what I saw instead was far less inviting. Draculas night hordes began to flood the skies as I ventured further to the town center. 

I had been living in gresit for a few months now hoping to avoid the eyes of the church and to that I had prevailed though it wasn't easy especially when my eye's were the brightest shade of forest green you could ever come across. Although now it seemed I had far greater concerns. 

The people of gresit had never been that welcoming to me aside from a few odd people here and there though it never stopped me from helping however I could, wether that be discreetly increasing a crop yield or helping with less common illnesses that passed through the people. 

Reaching the town center I was a little more than shocked when I found the towns people with pitchforks and spears fending off the night hordes of Dracula. Manoeuvring my way through the array of people, sending slight gusts of wind throwing the night creatures of balance when needed I reached an oping in the chaos that continued to pursue around me. 

Suddenly the ground began to shake beneath me. Falling to floor I expected the impact any second now but it never came only the overwhelming feeling of falling continued. Opening my clenched eye's I found I was falling through a type of chasm  beneath the city. I didn't expect this. I thought as my body made it's way plummeting towards the ground.  

Reaching my arms out in front of me I made a waving motion and purple smoke grew surrounding my entire body. In seconds my feet finally touched the floor, though I quickly realised I wasn't alone. A blade entered my vision and began to prod at my throat. "What on earth." Turning my eyes to the left I found the man responsible for the sharp blade threatening to slit my throat. 

The man couldn't have been older than his late twenties with broad shoulders, a chiselled chin and a mop of dark brown hair upon his head. Beside him I noticed another girl probably no older than me, twenty one at most. Her golden locks were hard to miss and her blue eyes shone like sapphires behind the slight waves of her hair. 

"Now who might you be and why the hell are you following us?" I looked at the man bewildered, following them I fell down a whole. "Trevor leave her alone." The blonde spoke at the man I now knew as Trevor. "I wasn't following you, I simply fell down a whole and you just happened to have done the same." I bit back, although I wasn't one for being rude I hated peoples presumptions. Thats all I ever got from my parents and now the church.    

The Girl once again stepped in pushing the blade back to Trevor's side. "I apologise for Trevor's behaviour. I'm Sypha and what's your name." I gave Sypha a warm smile as thank you for her kindness and replied. "Laurelia." Sypha returned my smile. I looked around the chamber we now found our selves in. It was huge, pillars supporting what was once a ceiling of at least seventy feet above our heads. 

The walls were made of stone which caused an ever constant draft, although it didn't bother me, nor Trevor or sypha as they were both wearing thicker articles of clothing. Bringing my attention back to the two I noticed Trevor coming closer to me. Once in front of me he stretched out his hand in a greeting manner. I stretched out my own and shook it. "Well sorry for the sword, but I'd rather leave this place with my life without taking chances." 

I nodded my head. "I understand, you can't be too careful. I know from experience." Sypha again stood beside me as we made our way further into the chamber. "I see why. You were falling one second then there was a puff of smoke and then your standing there beside us." Trevor was on my left and Sypha on my right. "So your a witch." Trevor spoke in an almost bored tone, I now he didn't mean it but it still annoyed me. "Witch is a rather uncalled for term, I prefer mage."