Fourteen

I could hear him clanging around in the kitchen the whole time I was in the shower. It was a little nerve wracking, having someone roaming around the house whilst I was naked in the bathroom. Even behind 2 locked doors. I was used to it with Zoe or Pip or even Gus sometimes. I guess that came with time and everything though.

I don't think I'd had someone cook for me since the accident. When the meals from neighbours. It was always me cooking or take out. I didn't even think that cooking was something Fin would ever know how to do. I had no doubt he could have people do that for him if he wanted and when he was here, I knew for a fact his mum cooked everything. Her love language had always been feeding people. Even now, she'll pop around here and insist she makes me a cuppa when I offer one.

I stood on the outskirts of the kitchen diner, trying not to laugh at him singing to himself as he washed up the pots and pans he'd used. He must have asked the Alexa to continue my playlist because I know for a fact he didn't listen to Taylor. I pulled my phone out, recording him singing and dancing to 'I wish you would'. This song came out after we stopped talking. That means he actively memorized this song.

"I wish we could go back
And remember what we were fighting for
And I wish you knew that I miss you too much to be mad anymore
And I wish you were right here
Right now, it's all good
I wish you would
You always knew how to push my buttons- AHH." I laughed as he turned around, dropping a pan to the floor. I bent over, holding onto my knees as I cackled with tears streaming down my eyes. "AURORA."

"Oh shit." I stood up as he almost jumped over the counter, running towards me at full speed. I managed to duck out of his grasp as he reached the doorway, bending my body in ways I didn't think it still could.

By the time I had to stop running I was behind the sofa and Fin was in front of it, both of us panting and giggling as we waited for the others next move.

"You better delete that."

"No can do buckaroo."

"Fucking Buckaroo." He snorted. "Why not?"

"Already sent it to Zoe."

"You did not."

"And Gus."

"RORY." I giggled as he put his hands on his hips and I mimicked him, mocking his serious stance.

"So, you're a Taylor fan now huh?"

"What? No!"

"That song came out not long after we stopped talking." I raised an eyebrow. "I'd understand you knowing all the lyrics if it was from when you were around me and Zoe but- AHH." He dived over the sofa, grasping my hips and pulling me down to the floor as he fell to it with a loud thud. He tried his very best to pin me down but I wriggled until I was out from under him, scrambling to my feet.

"No, you don't." He chuckled, arm wrapping around my stomach and pulling me back down to the floor. "Delete it."

"Not a chance in hell. I need- OH MY GOD STOP." Fin started tickling me, immediately reducing me to fits of laughter. He wasn't too rough with his tickling either. Not digging his fingers in, just gentle with enough pressure for me to not be able to ignore it. Then he stopped. Hovering above me, hands firmly planted on my sides, his giant things locking me under him so no amount of wiggling would let me out this time.

"Gonna delete it?"

"Nope." He shrugged and continued, barely giving me a second to catch my breath before I was laughing again. I could feel him wincing as I tried to claw my way out, each time I did he'd laugh a little harder himself with an ow.

"Okay." He stopped, climbing off me but keeping his hands on my sides. "I don't know about you but I'm starving." I snickered, trying to catch my breath between the giggles. "I'm barely touching you." I laughed again and he shook his head, standing up and holding out a hand for me to take so he could pull me to my feet. "You good?" I nodded and he adjusted his grip on my hand, not letting go as he pulled me through to the kitchen and sat me down on a stool. "Don't move."

"Where am I gonna go exactly?"

"I don't know, somewhere to get another embarrassing video of me."

"You're so dramatic. It's just you shaking your ass and singing Taylor Swift. It's not that big of a deal. Kind of sweet actually."

"Really?"

"Hell yeah." I nodded. He carried on washing up the few pots he had left, turning them upside down to dry on the draining board before turning back to me.

"Okay. What do I need to listen to then?"

"Oooh. That's a really good question. Me and Zoe have a playlist with like 35 songs on. That would probably be a good start. Mention anything Folklore to her and I think she might instantly forgive you."

"That easy?"

"Mhm."

"What about you?" I shrugged. "You don't have one album or one song you love more than any other?"

"Not really? I don't think so. I have a whole list of favourites."

"Give me your top 3."

"Are you actually going to listen to them?"

"Yeah." He nodded. He unlocked his phone, opening his music app and hitting the search bar. "Come on Ror."

"Fine. The Story of Us, Fearless, but make sure you choose Taylor's Version-"

"Taylor's version. This one?" He held the phone up and I nodded, watching as he added it to the playlist he'd just created titled- 'Shortcake's top 3.'

"And then um. Either Death by A Thousand Cuts or the last great American dynasty. OR. Right where you left me." He chuckled. "I can't. It's too difficult."

"Okay, well which of those 3 do you like the most?"

"See that's not fair because they're all amazing in their own right." He shook his head.

"Okay. Fine, top 6 then."

"No because if it's top 6 you'd need Getaway Car and Cruel Summer. OH. And Dress. And-"

"Ror." I closed my mouth, losing my smile when I realised how annoying I must be right now. The muscles in my face clenched as it burned red hot. "Do you have a playlist with all these on?"

"Most of them." He handed me his phone. "Are you sure it's not even that big of a de-"

"Rory. Just find the playlist love. I'll listen to them all."

"You don't have to. I was just joki-"

"Aurora." His eyebrow raised. "Why are you getting so anxious about it?"

"Me? I'm not." I shook my head.

"Then why are you telling me you're not serious about something you very clearly love." Is it hot in here? I feel like it's hot in here. "If it's important to you Rory, it's important to me."

"But-" He reached over the counter and grabbed my hand in both of his, running his thumb over the back of my hand.

"Not buts." His eyes had captured mine and I was completely stuck. Pinned in place and I had a feeling he wasn't letting me go until he was ready. "You don't need to dull things down for me Rory. You never have. You didn't do it back then and I don't want you to do it now. If there's something you love this much that you can't choose your favourite from, I want to do that with you. I used to listen to Taylor with you didn't I?"

"You complained about it."

"Yeah well, teenage boys think they're too cool for her." He smiled, eyes flicking down to my hand for a few seconds before he came back to my eyes. "You found it?" I nodded, handing him his phone back. He scrolled through the list and nodded. "Leave them with me. I'll give you my reviews as I listen to them."

"What like run across town?"

"I'll text you yah dummy. Now come on, I'm gonna dish food up because I think my stomach might jump out of me and start making its own meal if I don't do it right now."