19. COME BACK

~Song for this chapter~
Love is letting go - by Ashe, Diane Keaton

"Harry, honey are you ready to go now?"

"Yes mummy I'm 'eady" I sing as I follow my mother's voice to the kitchen. The house feels, Different. I feel different.

"It's not eady love, it's ready", she chuckles.

"That's what I said, 'eady... 'an we go now..pweese", I said with a rush of excitement.

She chuckles again"Of course love"

I jumped up and down in excitement. We were going to the park. I love parks. They have swings and sand and trees and ice cream. Well, ice cream's not exactly in the park but just outside there's this van. They have the best ice cream in the world! Not that I have actually traveled the world but I would, someday. Well, I'm turning toward the wrong track here. Park. Yes, I love parks.

....

Harry, love stop running, you'll hurt yourself"

"but I 'anna go there faster mum"

"park won't disappear in a few minutes love, slow down please, Mumma can't run as fast as you baby" she frowns.

"Aw okay mum, don't be sad. I'll walk slow for you" I said as I walk towards her and hold her pinky finger with my whole hand.

"Thank you, Honey" She smiles.

....

I got my first broomstick a few months ago on my last birthday. Well, a toy broomstick. It lifts about two feet above the ground, so it was a perfectly safe option for kids my age and Mum finally permitted me to fly it alone this time as she got stuck talking to some lady.

I was flying around the park when a boy approached me.

"Hey you, Get off this thing. I want it. Now" He said.
He looked way older than me, maybe 6 or 7 years old.

"It's mine but if you'll ask nicely I'll let you fly it"

"I SAID NOW" he screamed as he pushed me down the broomstick.

I bruised my elbow. There was even a little blood coming out of it. Tears were rolling out of my eyes.

"oh now the lil baby girl is crying" He laughed.

"you-pushed-me," I said trying to make words between my tears and hiccups.

"So what you gonna do? You gonna push me back huh girly"

"I -I'll tell my mum about you"

and maybe that made the boy even more furious than before.

He clenches his wrist and I squeeze my eyes real tight. he was about to hit me.

"Get away from him", came a different voice who pushed that boy away from me and then I saw 'him'.

"If I ever saw you near this boy again you're gonna regret it, Ben," He said.

The boy..Ben was scared, he nodded and ran away as fast as he could.

And then he looked at me and gave me his hand.
"Are you okay?" He said.
His eyes were the most beautiful shade of blue and I was too stunned to speak. I just took his hand and stood up.

He was looking at me and it was making me nervous. He puts a hand on my shoulder and asks "Are you 'ert?"
He was pretty. So pretty.
Without saying a word I showed him my arm. My eyes were still blurry with tears.