Part One

"Just one more push love and our little girl is here. You're doing so wonderful darling. Come on-squeeze my hand." He encourages her once more before placing a kiss on her head hastily. Within moments their growing family grew by another, finally this time, a girl. The couple were thrilled with the two boys they had, but still wanted to try once again for a girl. Joe explained that while he loved being a father to their two sons, he longed to see a young version of his wife. One of the many reasons Joe continued to fall in love with Taylor a little more each day was a result of how great of a mother she became once their first was born.
Joe smiles back at the memories they made with their first. From the moment they found out she was pregnant, to knowing the sex, to their late night pillow talks of what names they would consider. Becoming a family was more than either could ever imagine when they first met that first night in NYC. A brief round of congratulatory applause and sentiments were shared as the baby girl made her grand entrance. The doctor and nurses quickly took the baby to gently swaddle before presenting her to Taylor. As she caught her breath Taylor scanned the room, her relief from childbirth was instantly stopped when she didn't hear the baby.
Overwhelmed with concern for her daughter Taylor sat up but found no answers as to why the baby was not crying. "What's wrong? Why isn't she crying?" Taylor asked with fear, choking her voice. Joe looked from the baby, quickly back to Taylor before locking eyes with Andrea. Without saying a word they both checked on their daughters, Joe to check on his newborn's health and Andrea to calm Taylor as best as she could.
Andrea was at Taylor's side almost instantly. "She's fine sweetheart. Sit back, relax. Let the doctors check her." She said, trying to reassure her daughter and herself.
"Joe? Why isn't she crying? Joe!?" Taylor shrieked with more alarm. Despite Andrea trying to keep her at ease Taylor was increasingly getting more and more panicked. Tears began to sting her eyes as she pleaded with Joe once more for some kind of answer.
"Your daughter is perfect ma'am!" One of the nurses chimed in, sensing Taylor's anxiety. "Everything is fine. She's not crying because she is too busy taking it all in," she added with a reassuring smile before handing the baby off to Joe.
Finally Joe turned around, facing Taylor before he returned to her side with his daughter in his arms. "She's absolutely breathtaking," he says and holds the baby up at a slight angle for Taylor to see. "No need to panic love, she's perfect," he adds before placing their daughter onto Taylor's chest.
Taylor's tears quickly left her eyes and trickled down her reddened face as she held her baby close to her chest, now crying from pure relief and joy.
Andrea let out a breath she hadn't realized she had been holding. Seeing the monitors Taylor was still connected to indicated her heart rate and breathing were all returning to normal levels, allowing Andrea to relax too and enjoy seeing the couples first few moments with the now youngest member of their family. She knew how precious these moments were to new parents, and would always cherish the fact she was included in them. Andrea allowed Taylor and Joe a few quiet moments with their daughter before she snapped a few photos on her phone, knowing these first moments would want to be documented. The room had gone quiet, only the sounds from the machines and the young babes breathing could be heard, but to the new parents, it was the most beautiful sound in the world.
"I'm going to excuse myself and allow you two to get to know your daughter and bond as a family," Andrea whispered softly after admiring how beautiful and wonderful of a mother Taylor had become.

Taylor looked up at her mom and smiled softly, reaching for her hand. "You know you don't have to go, but thank you for being here with us. You'll go update the rest of the family? And let the boys know their baby sister can't wait to meet them?"
"Yes, sweetheart. I will let you father, Joe's parents know and we will tell the boys together." Andrea smiled. She kissed her daughter's head, then her granddaughter's head before giving Joe one more hug and whispering a "congratulations." Joe walked her to the door, thanked her again before she walked out to inform the rest of their family of the great news.
The nurse in the room was finishing her notes to the file before she reminded the two of her presence. "I'm going to check on a few other patients now, but will be back shortly with her pediatrician for her well baby exam. But, she looks great, beautiful and healthy." She said smiling to the parents. "I'll let you enjoy some time together before we take her again, but until then- is there anything I can get for either of you?" Joe looked to Taylor to see if there was anything she wanted or needed, but Taylor gently shook her head with a smile. "No, thank you. I think we are set." He said thankfully before turning his attention back to Taylor and the sweet bundle on her chest.
"Very well," the nurse said as she opened the door to the private birthing suite before slipping out, "if you do need anything, just press the call button."
Joe turned back to Taylor, now joining her at her side and kissing her cheek softly. Taylor pulled her eyes off the child in her arms to look at Joe. Her heart swelled seeing her husband's eyes filled with love for their little girl. Joe felt Taylor's eyes on him, and met her gaze with a smile of gratitude.
"You did an amazing job, love. I'm so proud of you. Thank you for giving us our daughter." Joe said, shameless tears leaving his eyes before leaning in to kiss her on her lips. Taylor kissed him back gently, their kiss lingering longer than usual- but this was a moment to truly show each other their gratitude for one another. When their kiss broke, Joe placed his forehead against Taylor's, both smiling at one another before the baby whimpered softly against Taylor's chest. They both looked down and smiled softly at her gentle noise before chuckling.
"Babe, do you want to hold her?" Taylor asked, realizing he only held her for a moment before.
"I'd love to. Can I get you anything first?" Joe asked, wanting to make sure Taylor was as comfortable as possible after a long labor.
"I think just my purse please? It should be right on top of my other bag." She said pointing to where she left her things by the window.
"Your purse? What on earth for?" Joe asked as he retrieved her purse for her and placed it beside her.
"My phone. I know my mom got a few of us together, but I need to get a few of you and the baby too" She smiled as she looked down at her daughter's small features, and ran her hand down the baby's soft cheek.
"I can't argue on that one. She's gorgeous, just like her Mum, and I for one want to get a few of my girls together too." Joe winked at Taylor before taking a few photos with his camera after placing Taylor's purse beside her. "Anything else, love?"
Taylor again pulled her eyes away from the infant and back to Joe. "No babe, I think if you can just pass me my water, I'll be set. Thank you."

Joe nodded and made sure her water was within reach. He kissed her cheek once more. "You sure you want me to take her from you? She is so happy in your arms. She loves her Mum so much already."
"She is, but she wants some time with her Daddy too. She spent 9 months with me, it's your turn now." She cooed gently as she kissed their daughters head before gently passing her to Joe.