20: Changes

From what Endeavor said as they walked out of the alley and to the main road, the rest of the Nomu were dead or captured in one case. There were only three when the attack started with Izuku killing one and Endeavor killing another. The last was taken out by multiple heroes working together until they contained it. The fires were put out in record time thanks to Izuku and Shoto working together. While Shoto mainly supported Izuku, Burnin praised the two vigorously. Iida hadn't said anything the whole while they walked and he was helped along. Native had woken up but was too weak from blood loss to move by himself.

"I was reported that you killed a Nomu. What happened?" Endeavor said with a demand more than a question.

"Shoto and I were running to the next burning building and it dove towards us. I killed it and it crashed into a car instead of us." He said without remorse.

"You did not attempt to subdue it, why?" Endeavor questioned.

"Nomu do not think, they only follow commands and that is it. They are no more than rabid animals to be put down."

Burnin had to reevaluate what she thought of the boy she got to know the day before and by the looks of it, Shoto already began to. She could see the similarities between Flux and Endeavor but Flux was cold and calculating to Endeavor's raging fire.

They arrived back on the road where police and ambulances drove back and forward. Endeavor hailed one and they pulled next to him. They handed over Native and Iida to the paramedics and they began to work on them. A police car rolled up to them and began to chain up Stain after they were done gawking at the infamous villain. Oddly enough, Stain never resisted and was shoved into the back of the police cruiser. He looked at Izuku one last time and gave him a tooth-filled smile that chilled anyone who was looking. Izuku didn't bat an eye and only watched the Hero Killer get taken away. He turned from the police cruiser when he heard Iida's name being called out. Manual had found his intern finally and was looking him over.

"What happened? Where did you go?" The hero almost demanded of the student but he was more worried than angry.

Iida didn't respond and only looked away with a scowl. "He went hunting down the Hero Killer." His head snapped up and glared with his teeth almost bared at Izuku who had spoken.

Manual turned around at Izuku's voice. "What! Is that true?" He turned back around to Iida who continued to glare at Izuku.

It doesn't matter anyways, he will get a slap on the wrist and walk away with a blemished mark on his record. He was part of a family of heroes and he will get away with being a vigilante just like anyone with enough power could get away with anything. The number two hero was a shining example of it.

"Let go, we are done here," Endeavor commanded and everyone followed.

It took some time to get back to the agency since the train was taken out by one of the Nomu but it was well past midnight when they arrived. Endeavor disappeared after telling them to clean up and get some rest. Izuku did exactly that with a hot shower and a quick meal. He lay down on his bed and checked his phone for the first time since that morning. He had dozens of calls and over 30 messages from his friends. He winced at the thought of worrying them. He sent a message to his group chat that he was alright and he immediately got a call from Tooru.

Since he was alone in the room, he picked up. "Izuku! Are you alright!? I saw the news and they said that Endeavor's agency was all over Hosu with Nomu everywhere and now they are saying Stain was captured!" He could hear the tears in the tone of her voice and that made his throat close up slightly.

"I'm okay, I'm not hurt, Tooru! Yea, we were in Hosu and I helped with the fires and with civilian evacuation. I wasn't hurt, the worst I got was the wind knocked out of me when I cushioned the fall for a mother and child. I'm sorry for worrying you."  He took a breath and he could hear her do the same. "Also, I fought the Hero Killer." He admitted without thinking and immediately regretted it.