2: Planning and Quirk

The parents of the child looked on in worry as their son's savior walked down the street. The man who was driving the car leaned on the hood as he also watched on with his ear on his phone. After everything was settled, he tried to start his car again but it seems like it stalled out and he was calling a tow truck for the useless vehicle.

Izuku walked into an empty apartment and collapsed on the couch. His mother was at work as far as he knew, that's how it has been for years. He sat with thoughts going through his head a mile a minute. His bully told him to kill himself, he nearly died to a sludge villain, his hero shot down his dreams, and he saved a boy by using his quirk. He has a quirk and the roiling emotions threatened to explode once again. But he pushed everything down for the moment and thought about the future.

With a quirk, he could see something of a future for himself. When he was quirkless he knew he had no path for life. If the way he was treated was anything to go by, then he would never get a good job. He had read the reports of the quirkless's probability to live past their 20th birthday. He has seen the deeper parts of the internet and what he could have gotten as a life for being quirkless. But he has a path now instead of getting killed or sold in the near future.

He wiped the tears off of his face and began to plan for the near future. His goal was to become a hero. Working backward from there he wrote his plan. To get into hero school, he will have to find a way to get out of the hell that was his middle school. Everyone was against him in that place and his grades were a way to prove it. He knows he has excellent grades but the faculty changes them to look worse for the quirkless nobody. Online schooling was a good alternative. By learning online he could make his own schedule and make time to work on his quirk. He was 11 years behind everyone planning to take the UA exam.

Now how to get out of school without dropping out and needing his mother's approval. He sat back and thought about the worst school that could exist. Then he thought about all the evidence he had about the teachers sabotaging his grades. Maybe give copies to people who wouldn't like what they are doing. He will research that person or people later.

As for his quirk, he has a quirk! First, he will need to figure out what it is and how it can be used to be a hero. When the car 'hit' him he didn't feel much more than a push and something going into him or more like transfer to him. He thought back to all those times that he felt something in the area surrounding him. He sat back on the couch and focused on the feeling in his chest. He felt the energy and it felt like it could be released at his will. All he needed was to open the metaphoric valve and he stopped before he did something stupid.

Getting up he took a quick shower and changed into some shorts and a t-shirt. With that, he headed out into the woods close to the apartments. If he was going to experiment with his possibly dangerous quirk, better in the woods. He stopped at a small clearing and sat on the ground. Again he felt the energy and then he released some of the energy he had. With the tiniest of drops, he opened the valve. A felt a small force expel out of his body in every direction. He jumped to his feet in absolute joy, he used his quirk!

After calming down he took out his notebook and wrote his thoughts about what he knew. Energy seemed to be released in all directions, could he focus it? He put his palm aiming at a small pile of rocks he made and released some more energy. He felt it exit through his palm and the top pebble was knocked over. Again he cheered in success and excitement. But he didn't feel like the top rock was enough. So he aimed again and released more energy, too much. The force made the small pile of rocks explode in every direction. Pebbles went flying everywhere, some striking trees with force. He had figured out that the energy he released didn't travel far from his body so he needed to be near to be effective. This also put Izuku in the blast radius of the rocks and was hit.