CHAPTER TWO

Given that none of them had ever been in a car before, Rain thought the others were handling it pretty well. Meanwhile, she was peering out the windows trying not to puke. Finally, a 'Welcome to Auradon Prep' sign appears and the group is met with a full marching band, bright colours and poster.

"This is definitely...different," Rain mutters and Evie grabs her hand, quickly giving it a squeeze. She knew her too well.

When the limo stops the VKs slowly file out, and they see what seems like hundreds of faces, the closet people to them are a brunette in a baby pink dress, a woman in a tighter blue dress and a boy in a dark blue suit with dirty blonde hair - Rain would assume that was the prince.

Behind Rain, Jay and Carlos tumble out of the car, fighting over what appears to be a blue blanket.

"Boys," she warns, voice verging on threatening, they keep fighting and she snaps her fingers sharply "Boys!"

"We have an audience," Mal tuts, giving a fake smile to the people standing in front of her.

"Leave it like you found it! And by that, I mean just leave it." The woman states clearly.

Jay throws everything he stole back and he and the rest of the VKs form a line. Jay, Mal, Rain, Carlos and Evie. Said line is broken when Jay steps out.

"Hello, foxy. The name's Jay," he introduces himself to the girl in the pink dress and she laughs awkwardly. Rain rolls her eyes as she focuses on the prince. He catches her eye and smiles, causing Rain to widen her own eyes and quickly put her attention on the older woman.

"Welcome to Auradon prep. I'm Fairy Godmother, headmistress,"

"The Fairy Godmother?" Mal asks.

"As in 'Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo'?" Rain questions whilst also doing wand movements.

"Bibbidi-bobbidi. You know it."

"Wow..." Rain mutters, faking interest. She couldn't care less.

"Yeah, I always wondered what it felt like for Cinderella when you just appeared, out of nowhere, with that sparkly wand and warm smile." Mal continues.

"Oh,"

"And that sparkling wand." Rain suppresses a smirk, real subtle Mal.

"That was a long time ago. And as I always say, 'don't focus on the past or you'll miss the future'."

Mal glances at Rain and their eyes meet quickly, things to laugh about later.

"It's so good to finally meet you all. I'm Ben." The boy finally speaks.

"Prince Benjamin. Soon to be king." the girl squeals. How pretentious, Rain didn't like her, and they'd barely been there two minutes.

"You had me at 'prince'. My mom's a queen, which makes me a princess." Evie steps forward offering Ben a flirty smile whilst he avoids eye contact.

"Evie," Rain scolds, gesturing her hand backwards, Evie nods, stepping back.

"The Evil Queen has no royal status here and neither do you." Bitch.

Rain's gaze hardens, stepping forward "Well..." she drawls "she has status on the Isle. Thus, she should be treated as a visiting Royal, correct?"

"Uh-"

"Because as far as I'm aware The Kingdom of DunBroch isn't in Auradon, and you would treat Princess Merida with the utmost respect, right?"

"Well of course-" the girl stutters

"Good," Rain gives her a cheery smile and as Ben bites his lip, a small smile coming to his face, Evie looks over at Rain gratefully.

"This is Audrey-" Ben gestures.