Prologue: Forced Marriage

F/N = Father Name

B/N = Brother Name

S/N = Sister Name

M/N: Mother Name

Y/N POV:

I was looking in the mirror at my wedding suit while my father was helping me put it on. A wedding is supposed to be the most exciting moment of your life... but not for me. My family is rich and the reason they are is because my mother passed away and we inherited her money. Eventually my father met a man called, Finis Everglot. He learned of our riches, and they agreed that I will marry a woman I know little about.

"Why can't my brother marry her?"

F/N: Because Finis chose you to marry Victoria Watson.

"Do I at least get saying in this? It's going to my wedding can at least get know the lady?"

F/N: Sorry son but you must get married to her to assure your wealth, status and prosperity.

"I don't care about any of that I just want my wedding to be one of happiest moment of my life's."

My father finished with my suit, and I looked at it.

F/N: I'm sorry for this... Just please do this... for us.

I reluctantly agreed. Our horse carriage arrived and me, my father, sister and brother entered, and we went to my soon-to-be-wife's house.

3rd POV:

Victoria is in her room getting ready for her wedding as she is getting dressed by her maid.

Victoria: Oh, Hildegarde. What if Y/N and I... like each other?

Maudeline: As if that has anything to do with marriage. Do you suppose your father and I like each other?

Victoria: Surely, you must... a little?

Maudeline and Finis: Of course not.

Maudeline: Get those corsets laced properly. I can hear you speak without gasping.

Y/N POV:

After a while we arrived at Victoria's house. We went up to the front door and my father knocked on it and the butler let us in. We entered and saw Maudeline and Finis.

Bulter: Lord and Lady Everglot, Mr. L/N.

Finis: Hello, what a pleasure. Welcome to our home.

Maudeline: We'll be taking tea in the west drawing room. Oh, do come this way. It's just through there.

I was following with zero happiness until I saw a piano and walked up to it. My mother taught me how to play the piano before she passed, and I've been teaching myself for a while now. I sat down while everyone else left. I started to play a song my mother always used to play to me as a child.

I was in the middle of the song when I saw Victoria. I jumped and nearly fell out of the seat.

"You scared me."

Victoria: Sorry. You play beautifully.

"Thanks, I'm just trying to get my mind off this."

Victoria: Why?

"My father is forcing me to get married and because your rich he cares about you assures my wealth, status and prosperity."

Victoria: What about your mother?

"My mother has been dead for two years."

Victoria: Can we keep this between us?

"What?"

Victoria: My family is broke they only want me to marry you so you can save us from the poor house.

"Well, I guess we are both getting forced into marriage."

Maudeline: What impropriety is this!?

We looked and saw Maudeline.

Maudeline: You shouldn't be alone together. Here it is, one minute before 5, and your not at the rehearsal. Pastor Galswells is waiting. Come at once.