9

time skipped, like a lot, also sorry for lack of updates 💀

It a bit after the party, (Name) had been laying around all day and wasn't sure what to do. Ever since coming here with the group, things have changed, not being used to the amount of people and things that they do. (Name) only tries to find some sort of escape back to the world they're used to. But, they're just a kid, no one is going to let them leave the gated community. Ultimately, sneaking out was their best bet, but the last time they were alone was when they had wandered onto the farm.

(Name) just decided to wait for the right time to. They spent the rest of their day walking around, near the house. Eventually, just ending up on the front porch steps Sometime later, Carl joined them, he was with Enid as well.

"You okay, (Name)?" Carl asked, sitting down next to them. "You seem sad."

(Name) sighed, bringing out their notebook and a wooden pencil, and writing down words. When they were done, they handed their note book to Carl.

I just feel crowded in here, I miss the days we were on the road, but some of us seem happier, like you. You have new friends and I've never seen you this happy in a while, but I can't...

As Carl looked notepad in front of him, looking at their words with a sad expression on his face. Enid looked at it too, she felt compelled to say something.

"I felt similar when I first came here...like part of you is trapped inside." She said, (Name) looked into her eyes, they looked like they had pity inside of them. "My parents didn't make it, made me feel like the only thing I could do was to survive, nothing else."

Has it changed to anything else?

Enid just shrugged. (Name) gave the girl a nod, then, they began to write down more.

Maybe we could try to find something else, even help each other.

Enid nodded once more. Carl walked beside them, taking one of (Name)'s hands into his, (Name) looked over at Enid, looking up at her with their hand in the air.

"Want me to hold your hand?" Enid asked, (Name) nodded, so the girl took their other hand. The trio walked around Alexandria for a bit, just talking about general things.

They eventually stopped when they heard a bunch of yelling and groaning a little while a way. Carl led the way, but not letting go of their hands. As they got closer to the sounds, it was Rick and Pete fighting.

A worried face appeared on (Name)'s face. Blood on both faces, Jessie tried to pull Pete off of Rick, but her husband just punched her in the face to get her away. Not too long after Carl let go of (Name)'s hand and stop it as well.

"Dad, get off!" He yelled, but Rick pushed him away. Enid attempted to assure the shocked (Name). Not too long after, Deanna came running up.

"Stop it right now." Deanna said, Rick had gotten his arms around Pete's neck.

"You touch them again and I'll kill you." Rick whispers to Pete.

"Damn it, Rick! I said stop." Deanna's voice rises.

"Or what?" Rick suddenly pulls out his gun. "You gonna kick me out?"

The crowd of people around him step away from him in fear. "Put that gun down, Rick." Deanna orders.

"You still don't get it. None of you do! We know what needs to be done and we do it. We're the ones who live. You, you just sit and plan and hesitate. You pretend like you know when you don't. You wish things weren't what they are. Well, you want to live? You want this place to stay standing? Your way of doing things is done. Things don't get better because you-- you want them to. Starting right now, we have to live in the real world. We have to control who lives here." Rick said, looking a Deanna.

"That's never been more clear to me than it is right now." Deanna said, looking at Rick in regret.

"Me? Me? You—" Rick laughs. "You mean—you mean me? Your way is gonna destroy this place! It's gonna get people killed. It's already gotten people killed and I'm not gonna stand by and just let it happen. If you don't fight, you die. I'm not gonna stand by—" Rick continued, but was punched out cold by Michonne.

~•~

That was when things in Alexandria started to change. I remember hearing about Rick's speech. He wanted them to know what the outside world really was, Alexandria's community never really saw it. I'm pretty sure Deanna wasn't sure how to handle the fear of so many people. When that evening came, it wasn't going to end well. I didn't know how, but part of me knew.

I wanted to go to the meeting, but Maggie thought I was too little to understand what it. That didn't make me exactly satisfied, but I knew there was so much that she was dealing with during that time.

I really wasn't told the details about the meeting, but I just remembered Gabriel telling Deanna that he thought we weren't good people. Then, everything went down from there. Pete snapped, he was going to kill Rick, but he instead, he killed Reg, Deanna's husband. So, Deanna let Rick kill him.

A while after Reg's death, Deanna gave Rick partial leadership of Alexandria. He deserved it, Rick had always proven himself as a leader, and he showed it. Though, there had been a lot of problems.

There was a herd nearby that was coming our way and the people had to act quick. But, even though there were walls surrounding us at Alexandria, tensions were getting high within. Ron wasn't happy about the death of his father and made it his mission to make sure everyone knew how he felt about Rick. There were other times he took it out on Carl.

Lots of things happened, but the biggest thing was a group of people named the Wolves broke into Alexandria and massacred some of our people. Most of our people were gone during that time, so they outnumbered us. Carl and Enid protected Judith and I. We were eventually able to get a big chunk of them to leave, mostly thanks to Morgan, a man Rick had met in the beginning, but Carol made sure to kill all of the ones that she saw. The only one that was left was their leader.

A bit afterwards, only a few came home, most of the people who were out in the group trying to get the herd away from us were missing, like Sasha, Abraham, Daryl, and Glenn were all still missing or dead. Rick found his way home, but he came running back with the herd behind him. When it got to the gates, that was a time where I was too scared to do just about anything. I've handled geeks here and there, but there were so many. I never knew that so many people had been bitten. I know I couldn't turn into one, but I was just scared someone was going to.

But, as time went on things to have gotten worse, tensions were high, and it seemed hope was lost. There was no sign of our missing people, coward civilians raided the pantry, and I could just tell that people weren't sure if they were going to make it when the walls of Alexandria were about to cave. At the time, I didn't know, but this new home wasn't going to like it once was when we got here.
———
hey! sorry for the lack of updates. i just have been focusing on school and mental health, just trying to give an update so people don't think i abandoned my works or something 🪦