0.2

experiment

experiment

— a/n: rewritten 1.29.24-02.06.2024, fixed some grammatical errors, but knowing me there still are some.

When Maggie, Glenn, and I were taken by Daryl's brother, I was pretty scared. I didn't know what Merle wanted from us, but it wasn't for a good reason. The car ride to the town Woodbury was tense, I clung onto Maggie for dear life, I could tell she was scared too, but she was brave for me. Maggie's presence always makes me feel safe. Her southern accent was always soothing to me, I don't know why.

Glenn was driving while Merle held a gun to his head. Merle tried to speak to both of us, Maggie and I, but Maggie would do most of the talking, due to me obviously not having the ability to do so. When Merle asked me why I didn't speak, I looked up at Maggie, but Merle was still looking for me to say a word.

I just wanted to go back to the prison at this point.

~~

"Lil' one can't speak, eh?" Merle asked.

(Name) stays silent as them and Maggie hold onto each other tight.

"How do you talk with 'em?"

"Sign language." Glenn said, keeping his eyes on the road.

Merle had noticed (Name)'s notebook and grabbed it from them, starting from their first page, began to scroll through it. His eyes widened, but a smirk formed on his face.

"Well, well, well.. you two got yourselves a little miracle or somethin' right here." Merle said, chuckling, tauntingly waves the notebook. "The kid can't get turned into a biter, huh?"

"Merle, they're not—" Glenn begins to speak.

"I suggest you quiet down, Glenny boy." Merle said, his tone got a little deeper. "Don't worry, your kid's gonna be safe with my people."

"They are one of our people, as a matter a fact, (Name) is a child! Not whatever you're thinking of doing to them." Maggie said, gritting her teeth.

"Damn, Glenny!" Merle called out, wolf whistling. "Where'd you get this fine woman? There's not a lot of her types nowadays."

Maggie's grip on (Name) got tighter, more firm. The child only thought about what was going to happen to them. The rest of drive was silent.

•••

Merle had not told The Governor about (Name)'s immunity to walker bites and scratches. He thought it was bad idea to spoil a surprise. When Maggie, Glenn, and (Name) arrived at Woodbury, they were separated.

Three separate rooms for interrogation, Glenn was first, then, Maggie, ending with (Name). It felt like hours when it came to (Name)'s turn to be. They were just wondering why they would even be brought here, as well as Glenn and Maggie.