Money is not everything

"I don't need anything from you, Mr. Allerick, besides, I am capable of catering for my own expenses," said Sereia, full of disappointment.

"Money is not everything!! Yelled Sereia before exiting the garden.

"No one has spoken to me in this manner," said Carsten to himself with a gloomy tonne.

What kind of a girl is this lady mumbled, Carsten. All the ladies he met previously were behind him one because of his charming looks and second because of his money.

Come to think of it in the three years of their marriage, Sereia neither tried to woo him in any manner nor ask him for any money. She sorted out all her expenses on her own. This really irritated Carsten as he had the thought that at least until Sereia was his wife, she could spend his money.

Sereia spent the rest of the day in her room. She was quite disappointed as she never wanted Carsten's money. She was an independent and smart woman, and she did not want to compromise at all with her self-respect.

Carsten received a message from his best friend Duncan. Let's meet at the Bourbon cafe at 7 pm. To which Carsten replied Done✅️.

Duncan and Carsten have been buddies since high school, and they share every bit of their life with each other.

Carsten went to meet his father before heading to the cafe. "How do you feel now, dad?" Asked Carsten.

Nicholas made a puppy face, "Feeling better but don't know how long I need to stay at home."

Carsten comforted his dad, You need to rest well. The doctor has said that to avoid any sort of stress, I'm just a call away. Let me know if you need anything.

Nicholas nodded to Carsten, "Sure, I will."

Bourbon cafe was the usual hang out of Carsten and Duncan. They really liked their pastries and milkshakes.

"Hey, what's up, dude?" smirked Duncan on seeing Carsten.

Carsten gave a cold look, "Nothing much, same old."

Duncan could figure out that Carsten was not in the perfect mood.

"How is Mr. Nicholas feeling now?" Asked Duncan with a concerned look.

"He is much better," replied Carsten.

The order was served, Carsten preferred the Biscoff milkshake and tiramisu cake while Duncan opted for the Banofee and blueberry cheesecake.

"So what's going on between you and Sereia?" Asked Duncan, raising his eyebrows.

Carsten almost choked on his milkshake when he heard Sereia's name.

"It's really different to understand Sereia, I mean, she is the first woman who isn't after my money." Replied Carsten. She is a wierdo

Duncan shot him a gaze, "Well, self-respect still exists in this world!!"

Carsten looked at Duncan with a cold look, "Just want dad to get better. Then, I can start with the divorce proceedings. You know very well I don't give a damn about emotions or love!!"

Carsten reached the Allerick mansion by 10 p.m., and everyone had gone to sleep by then, but as he headed towards his room, his eyes landed on Sereia's room whose lights were on and the door was slightly open.

Carsten thought to himself, "Hasn't she slept yet?" Anyways, why should i bother? Then he headed to his room.

Sereia couldn't sleep thinking of what happened in the morning, so she decided to have a look at her charcoal project as she was going to have an important meeting the next day. She did miss out on a few appointments while she was away from the office.

She worked as the head of the designing department at Wolff Olins and had 15 staff work under her. She was glad she had chosen smart employees, and they indeed covered for.