The Prelude to THE Prelude

Earth: 838
••••••••••••••••

We open to Gabriel taking a good, deep breath of relief. That doesn't last long, however, as he notices Green Goblin lying several tens of meters behind. He turns to him, adopting a battle stance, glaring with rage. The Goblin stands up and removes his goggles revealing himself to be Peter Parker. Play time's over.

Green Goblin: Poor Gabriel. Too weak... to send me home to die.

Gabriel: No... I just wanna kill you myself.

Green Goblin: Attaboy. If all it took was me dropping poor little Felicia on her head just to get you angry. I would've done it on our first encounter!

The two charge and clash, exchanging blows with even more bitterness and rage than before. Gabriel fires two webs at Goblin, which he evades swiftly and swings at the young webslinger. Gabriel bends down, avoiding the blow, and webs Goblin's foot to the surface, then gives him a massive punch, sending him to the ground.

He then tries to perform a possibly lethal jump slam attack, but Goblin frees himself soon enough and rolls over. He rises up, pulls out a blade from his gauntlet, whistles, and smiles like crazy. The fighting commences again. Gabriel performs a few shaky evasions before he gets a good hit on Goblin, He evades the blade again, but Goblin strikes him in the face with his other hand.

O'Hara recovers almost instantly and webs Goblin's legs to the surface again and strikes him in the rib, but Goblin slashes his arm with one of the spikes sticking out from his armor. Enraged, Gabriel violently strikes him in the face, knocking him back. The maniac frees himself once again, strikes but to no avail, and finally loses the upper hand. Gabriel disarms him, strikes him a couple times, webs him, and pulls him to his knee, punching him, then grabs him and performs a revenge suplex, ruthlessly throwing his opponent to the ground.

Goblin cannot respond to the fight anymore. Gabriel lands a barrage of blows on his face, each succeeding punch being stronger. Iron Man, Strange, and now two spider-men one was Miguel O'Hara and the other was Jessica Drew watch their recruit actions in horror.

Jessica: Miguel...

Miguel: I know. I got this.

Gabriel finally stops beating the Goblin and goes to pick up his glider. He raises it over his head and brings it down on Green Goblin's own head with a rageful scream. Miguel appears and grabs the glider. Gabriel tries to push through and reach the Goblin, but the 2099 Spider-Man does not let go.

Gabriel: Who the hell are you?!

Miguel: Not important. You got him. He's done.

He doesn't scold his somewhat alike counterpart, however. Instead, he looks at him with understanding, compassion, and plea even though Gabriel doesn't realize who he is. Even though he had his mask on he could feel the sincerity on his face slowly but gradually cools Gabriel down.

He lowers the glider and drops it. As if on cue, Green Goblin pulls out another blade and plunges it into Miguel's back. Miguel plummets to the ground in silent pain. Jessica, holding Peter's cure, rushes towards them, gasping. Gabriel glares at Peter again.

Green Goblin: She was there... because of you... I may have dropped her, but you... You are the one that killed her.

He bursts out in a maniacal cackle as Gabriel starts to get enraged.