.

ron heard the portrait open and he jumped up. he was right his time. he watched as hermione walked in, a slytherin sweatshirt over her tight black dress. and she was wearing a killer glare.

"what the fuck, ronald!" hermione yelled.

harry walked in after her, standing behind hermione. "you'll be okay?"

hermione's face softens when she looked at harry. "yeah, i'll be okay. go to bed, harry."

harry nodded, glaring at ron, and went up to the boys dorm.

"people are sleeping," ron said, pointing out the obvious.

"you decided to do this at one in the morning." hermione snarled.

"look, hermione, hear me out—"

"no! i will not hear you out! you need to stop trying to control everything! ron, i'm not some eleven year old girl anymore. i can make my own decisions, for myself!"

"hermione, you're going to get hurt—"

"then i will handle it on my own! i don't need you to protect me!"

ron was silent. he didn't have an argument. he knew he was going to get beat. he was arguing with the brightest witch of her she, for merlin's sake.

"nice sweatshirt," ron spit out.

hermione rolled her eyes. "i think we need to break up. this isn't working. for either of us."

ron looked shocked. "mione..."

"no. i'm not going back in this decision. we need to break up. we both know this isn't going to work. it's time we part ways, maybe start dating different people."

ron scoffed. "this is what i was afraid of. you really are becoming one of them."

hermione didn't have to ask what "one of them" meant. hermione walked up to ron, their faces inches apart.

"long ago, i would be offended by that comment. but now i take it as a compliment." hermione moved to go to the girls dorm, purposefully bumping ron's shoulder.