.

"mione, guess what?" ginny exclaimed, jumping on hermione's bed.

hermione didn't even look up from her book. "yes, ginny?"

"so, you know how hogwarts has been adding more muggle things to the school?"

"yes."

"well...they adding a quidditch cheerleading team!" ginny screamed.

"why would quidditch need a cheerleading team? and why are you telling me this?"

ginny waggled her eyebrows and smirked. "i signed you up for tryouts."

hermione slammed her book shut. "you did WHAT?"

"i signed you up for the gryffindor cheerleading team tryouts."

"why would you do that?! i don't even look like a cheerleader!" hermione shrieked.

"hermione, have you seen the way you dance? you'll make the team no matter what. and you don't have to be blonde haired and blue eyed to be a cheerleader. hogwarts has diversity, unlike some muggle schools."

hermione sighed. "ginny, im going to make a fool off myself."

"mione, no you're not. besides, that means you can cheer for me!"

"wait, you didn't sign yourself up?"

"how am i supposed to be a cheerleader and a quidditch player?"

"so i'm going to have no friends on the team?"

"luna convinced dumbledore to let her sign up in the gryffindor team. also, pansy and astoria signed up for the slytherin team."

hermione banged her head against the headboard. "okay, maybe this won't be terrible."

ginny pulled hermione up to her feet. "sorry for signing you up without asking. i just really wanted you to do something this year. i know how much you hate quidditch, but you go to ever match anyways."

hermione smiled. "thank you, ginny."

"don't worry, i'll help you with steps if you ever need it. and i'll watch your tryouts, if you want me to."

"ginerva, you signed me up. of course i want you there."

ginny smiled brightly and wrapped her arms around hermione.