fiche a sé

Daegan POV

I ignored everything around me as I walked down the halls of this American hell. I walked briskly, my head up, and focused on where my next ten would be. 'What the fuck was the problem with all these fuckers just blocking the hallway?' I huffed and side stepped some assholes and accidentally bumping into one of them.

"Hey, watch where the-", the guy hurled around to speak only to meet my chest before looking up at my face.

I frowned at him, glancing back at his equally silent buddies. I looked back to the guy I ran into and gave him another look before muttering an excuse to me and continuing on my merry way. I couldn't help but grin a tiny bit as I walked away from what could've gone really bad. Tenoa would've been proud of me for that; I even said 'excuse me' for crying out loud!

I was trying to be a bit nicer as Tenoa explained to me. Apparently the "mysterious, off-putting new kid" shtick had worn off and he needed to actually be social with his peers. I didn't exactly agree with that for several reasons. I had him and it wasn't like we only made out every time we got together. I had learned so much about anime and Superhero shit; I even figured out where that stupid "Captain Scotland" nickname came from.

I went up to my locker and put in my combination before yanking off my combination lock. I groaned as I looked at my practice bag. Make no mistake, I enjoyed lacrosse, it was a lot better than American "football", but it was taking up time I could use doing something else. Tenoa's aunt doesn't like him going out on weeknights after dark, and with my training schedule we wouldn't be able to go out until the weekend. We still hadn't even had our second date.

I pulled the bag out and put it down, going to grab my books. I don't know why these lockers were so small, yet they threw these giant books at us? As I was looking for my notebook, I felt someone in my space. I knew it wasn't Tenoa or Otto, so I really didn't feel the desire to acknowledge them. However, I could feel the eyes on the side of my head and knew I needed to get this over with.

"Do you need something or are you just gonna stand in my way?", I muttered as I turned to see the intruder.

The blonde girl just stared up at me, green eyes now borrowing into my face instead of my back. "Hey Daegan", she said in a high pitched voice while twirling her curly hair.

I recognized her, she was in my Honors Algebra class. No longer curious as to who was in my space, I brushed her off and continued pulling books out my backpack. I saw no point in talking to her. I didn't even remember her name, and I didn't plan on asking for it either. What I did remember was that I didn't particularly enjoy talking to her. I continued to take out my books while she just stood there.

"Do you need something?", I grunted, eyebrow raised at this weirdo looking all in my face.

She continued twirling her hair, leaning against the locker beside him, "You're like so tall, how tall are you?", she asked through pouted lips.

I legitimately rolled my eyes before glancing over at her. Instead of looking uncomfortable or offended with my briskness, which I was honestly sad about. It would seem too many people have become used to my "attitude", such as Tenaya and Mr. Martin.

"200.66 cm", I grunted as he continued to collect my textbook; if she was so curious then she could convert it from metrics herself. I was sick of this question. People would repeatedly ask me, and it was annoying as fuck. Why the hell was my height such a big deal? Yeah, I knew I was tall as shit, but did people need to obsess over it? Americans were strangely obsessed with tall people, and I found it weird. I wasn't even the tallest person back home, especially in Europe.

She didn't say anything after that and neither did I. She was just staring at me smiling; it creeped the ever-loving fuck out of me. I shrugged her off, taking my things to head to my next class only to find her still standing there as if waiting for something.