Great Ideas (Alex X Reader)

"This sounds like a terrible idea." You say as Alex hands you an edible.

"We have no patients, it's a slow day, it'll be fine!" He says eating his. You shrug and eat yours.

"What are you guys doing in here?" Bailey says as she barges in the door of the X-ray room. "We have an m&m come on!" She says before disappearing. You look at Alex with panic covering your face.

"Oh shit." He says laughing. "Come on let's go!" He says before grabbing your arm and pulling you out of the X-ray room.

You begin your walk through the hospital as you pass a vending machine. You stop dead in your tracks and Alex trips over you. You grab him the the wrist and pull him into the lobby.

"Ooh I'm hungry!" He says licking his lips at the snacks.

"Give me your wallet." You say feeling his pockets for it. He starts frantically patting his body down and looking over his shoulder.

"Where's my wallet!" He says pulling at his pockets.

"Hurry up I'm hungry! I think I want chips. Maybe jer- no wait cookies! Or maybe skittles!" You say with your face pressed up against the glass. Alex pats your sides and shoves his hand into your pocket.

"Found it! I found my wallet!" Alex says holding your wallet like a trophy. "I would like to thank y/n for her words of encouragement and I would like to thank Bailey for being Bailey. And I would like to thank you sir!" He screams pointing at a man reading a newspaper. The man looks at Alex with disgust and Alex steps back. "That guy doesn't like me." He says in a hushed tone.

"WHAT!!!" You scream and turn towards the man minding his own business. "IM GONNA FIGHT HIM!!!" You scream as you run towards him with your fists swinging.

"No no." Alex says holding you back. "Don't give him what he wants." He says way to seriously.

"Yeah no you're right!" You say shaking your head smugly. You look at the man again and give him the 'I'm watching you' motion. You walk back over to the vending machine and Alex opens the wallet.

"$10! Score!" He screams putting it in the vending machine. The machine spits it out slowly and Alex grabs it. "What!" He puts it in again and it spits it out again. He starts frantically shoving it in as he whines. "I hate this machine!"

You grab the money from his hand and nudge him with your hip. He stumbles backwards and trips over a trash can. He falls on his ass and crawls into a ball form in shame. You start laughing so hard you can't breathe and you grab onto the trash can for support. You lean back and the trash can falls on top of you and you start laughing even harder.

"Stop laughing it's not funny!" Alex says in a whiny tone as he stands up and steals the $10 back. He straightens it against the machine and puts it in again. The machine takes it and Alex jumps in joy. "IT WORKED!!! Y/N IT WORKED!!! GET UP IT WORKED!!!" He screams putting his hands out to lift you up.

You jump up pushing him away and staring at the snacks. "POPCORN!!!" You scream as the realization of its existence hits you. "Lots and lots of popcorn!" You say as you press the buttons and three bags of popcorn fall to the bottom. You and Alex both reach your arms in to grab the popcorn and try to push each other out of the way. Alex pulls back holding two bags and you only have one.

"NO FAIR!!! YOU GOT MORE POPCORN!!!" You scream standing with your arms crossed.

"ITS MY MONEY!!!" He says before running the other way.

"They're surgeons?" The man from earlier asks an older woman next to him. You turn around and flip him off before running after Alex. He's only a few feet in front of you and you scream at him.

"ALEX GET BACK HERE!!!" Alex runs towards the auditorium doors and bursts through them before slamming them behind him. You run faster and open the door still running and you slam into Alex who's standing guard of the door.

"As I was saying." Hunt says with an annoyed expression on his face. You push Alex down the aisle to find seats as you scour the auditorium.

"Ooh front row!" You scream as you grab Alex's hand and drag him to your seats. You sit down and swing your legs excitedly.

"The patient had breast cancer that spread rapi-POP!!!" You look over at Alex who has popcorn all over him and a popped bag in his hands. He looks up shaking.

"DID I KILL HIM!!!" He screams out panicked.

"OH MY GOSH WHAT DID YOU DO!!!" You scream trying to shove the popcorn back in the ripped bag. "DOES ANYONE HAVE A SUTURE KIT?" You say on your hands and knees picking up popcorn.

"Dr. Y/ln please settle down." Hunt says blushing from his podium.

"We've lost him." Alex says putting a hand on your shoulder.

"No! No! NO!" You scream as you start doing cpr on the chip bag, popcorn flying everywhere.

"WE'VE LOST HIM! LET HIM GO!" Alex yells pulling you back to your seat. Tears start to well in your eyes as you look at Alex.

"He was so young." You say covering your face with your hands.

"I know I know." Alex says rubbing your back.

"Please settle down." Hunt says trying to calm us down once again.

"A MAN JUST DIED OWEN!!!" You scream at him walking up to the stage. "HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT!!!"

"Y/N ITS OVER LET IT GO!!! HES GONE!!!" Alex screams trying to pull you back. You shake out of his grasp and run out of the auditorium. Alex follows closely behind and you lean against the wall outside. Alex leans next to you as the door swings open again. Amelia appears through the doors and walks over to us.

"Are you guys high?" She says grabbing Alex's head and looking at him. She pulls at his eye lids trying to see his pupils. "You're eyes are fucking bloodshot!" She says pulling back in anger.

"Not at all!" You say defensively as you cross your arms.

"Yeah I would know I'm a professional in being high at work." She says shaking her head. "Go home. Now!" Alex jumps at her yell and starts booking it.

"You don't scare me!" You say with your arms still crossed.

"Ok y/n." She says patting your back. "Go home, get some sleep, get sober." She says pushing me on my way.