chapter one

"It's cute really how you think you can spend the rest of your life locked in a tower

"It's cute really how you think you can spend the rest of your life locked in a tower . It would have been kind of endearing even , if you were fucking rupenzel and half of the world's population - literally and not figuratively- weren't in uproar because they think you got hepatitis and is laid out in a hospital "

Jungkook turned around in his chair and let out an exacerbated sigh . being pestered by his hyung first thing in the morning was not on his to-do-list today ( which honestly included nothing but feeding his dog , rot in the studio the whole day and drink away his sorrows at night until he gets into a coma , sleep into the next day - rinse and repeat . man this is the life ! "

" Hi hyung , nice to see you too "..he grumbled

he hasn't seen taehyung in almost three months , it has been like a silent mutual agreement between them since they got their deserved break , they both out of all the members needed to dissociate the most , from the bts life and from eachother.
taehyung and Jungkook shared a bond that transcended the concept of friendship and brotherhood , there was a time when both felt like two parts of a whole entity , when both mirrored eachother's torment and joy . This impossible bond he shared with taehyung magnified everything he felt to a degree that was almost suffocating , when they used to win an award or had a successful comeback taehyung was the first member he went to celebrate and cry tears of triumph with . but when fame and glory turned to robes around his neck and rocks behind his rib cage , when every click of a camera and every microphone shoved in their faces began to feel like a violation , taehyung started to drift away as he slowly harbored resentment for a life the seven of them spent years building prick by prick. A resentment so unequivocally severe that it unintentionally started to reflect on his relationship with the rest of the members , Jungkook included .

so when the time came that BTS was going into an endless hiatus until the members were done with their enlistment , they both knew they needed this time to go on a journey of self inspection individually , it was the healthier choice , they needed time away from the idol life which to both of them , the other was an integral part of it . To dissociate from the idol life they needed to disassociate from eachother .

"as your older brother I should smack you then drag you out into the sun because I know it hasn't touched your skin in months , but as your bestfriend I want to hug you and ask about what have you been up to " taehyung let out as he rested his shoulder against the door frame , he looked dashing as always , but there was a particular glim in his eyes now that has been absent for years , a particular glim that Jungkook knew was an honorable outcome of the freedom that they were handed months ago . but while taehyung utilized his freedom and enjoyed it to the maximum , Jungkook never knew what to do with it , so him and his freedom ended up inside a bubble that was in the shape of that mansion he bought recently .

"I could really use a hug right now , but I stink of alcohol, and urine , since bam hasn't received booty training yet . so if that's no issue with you then I'm cool "