No Surprises Here. . .

// You may be wondering where I went.. Well, uh!! I do have stuff to blame like the fact that it's marching season now but like i've actually just been super unmotivated + I forgot about this for a while. If, for a while, no new parts are added at any future point, there will eventually be a continuation (unless it's specified that there won't be). If you first read this a couple months ago, I'm glad you've still stuck around- I read through my inbox and everything that pops up, I appreciate all your support. I had kinda deleted everything I had written on this part so far to rewrite it because I didn't like it, so I kinda struggled with this one.

 I had kinda deleted everything I had written on this part so far to rewrite it because I didn't like it, so I kinda struggled with this one

THANK YOU FOR 2K+ READS!! 🎉
Always taking requests for new fanfics + ideas for this one as well

\\

First Person - Xander Matthews

I grabbed his hand, pulling him out of the dining area before everyone began to file out. "Whoa- slow down, Xander!" He called out to me to stop for a second, which I did, "Ehm.. what are we doing out here anyway?"

"Well, I figured that-- since we didn't do a whole lot of work yesterday, we should get as much exploring done this morning before other people start crowding up rooms." I let go of his hand, beginning to walk slow so that he could chose the pace we both went. "I understand that you're eager to learn as much as possible about this place.. but shouldn't we be trying to figure out how to get out instead? I'm sure people will start searching for exits soon, I think we should follow along." I took what he said into consideration, but kindly shook my head, "If we look through the small details of every room, we may just.. stumble upon the way out! Everyone'll be inspecting the obvious answers, but I don't think that whoever's the cause of this mess would make it that easy.." I waited in silence for a few moments so he could come up with a response. "..You're very bright, Xander. Good idea!" He smiled.. directly at me. He's always seemed very lively and encouraging, but- this smile felt.. different. It was directed towards me specifically, due to something I said, without anyone else around. We walked in silence the rest of the way, but I wouldn't say that the silence was uncomfortable. It felt very.. soothing? Something in me felt as if I had connected with Mr. David beyond him being an idol I look up to.

I stood to the side of the infirmary to let him walk in first. I've been here before, but I can only assume that Mr. David hasn't yet. I mean, he did show some interest with many things around the room, and it was obvious he hadn't yet been here before. He was mainly fascinated with the medicine cabinet, looking through all the drawers. I decided to try to make conversation, so I asked, "You looking for something, sir?" He hesitated for a moment, "uhhh.." I waited eagerly for him to reply, "..no, just.. making sure there's nothing harmful, is all." He smiled once again, now back to his original self. "For safety purposes- of course!" He stumbled on his words; I believe he was worried that I'd take what he said the wrong way. I patted his back, reassuring him that I would always only see the good in him.

Despite heading out with the main goal of exploring as much as possible, we only made it through the infirmary, and got nothing beyond a bit of chatting completed. Time flew by, and it was inevitably time for lunch..