Researching and Learning

Y/n was leading Twilight down the hallway as the latter looked basically everywhere. She still wasn't used to seeing all the ponies she knew in Equestria as humans. It was so weird for her.

Y/n: "Alright, so now we have to figure out how to get everyone to vote for you as princess. I seriously don't want to be Sunset's 'prince'."

Twilight: "Yeah. From how Applejack was describing her, she's just as bad if not worse than I thought."

Y/n: "Yeah, and you don't even know the half of it."

Twilight: "I don't think I want to."

Y/n: "Good choice."

This response made Twilight giggle a bit before noticing how little Y/n was affected by it. That's when she grew curious about something and decided to ask.

Twilight: "Hey, Y/n?"

Y/n: "Hm?"

Twilight: "Who exactly is Pinkie to you? You two seem really close."

Y/n: "If you're insinuating that we're together, we're not. Since you obviously have a Pinkie in your world, you know how boundaries don't matter to her. And how oblivious she is when she speaks her mind."

Twilight: "Oh, yeah. Definitely."

Twilight said as she giggled again, memories of Pinkie Pie flashing through her mind. She then looks at Y/n again to see him smiling just a bit, no doubt thinking of memories as well. However, before Twilight could say anything, she noticed a dark hallway that ended in a dead end. She grows curious.

Twilight: "What happened here?"

Y/n: "Oh, the lights are just broken. But the school won't fix it, for some reason, so everyone just steers clear of it. Which is unfortunate... since it's where my locker is."

Twilight: "Oof. That's gotta suck."

Y/n: "Yep."

Y/n said before sighing, only for a voice to then speak up from behind him and Twilight.

???: "I can't believe I didn't recognize you earlier. Should've known Princess Celestia would send her prized pupil here after my crown. And her little dog, too."

Y/n: "It's not your crown, Shimmer."

Twilight: "It's mine."

Sunset: "Well, would you look at that! Looks like you've included someone here in your little quest, huh? Aren't you that camera boy from yesterday?"

Y/n: "How about we stop all the big talk, and I'll show you what this camera boy can do."

Sunset: "That's still only big talk, but whatever. This is only a minor setback for me. You don't know the first thing about this place, and you got some loser outcast showing you around the school I rule."

Twilight: "If that's true, then why do you need my crown? You went through an awful lot to switch it with the one that belongs here."

Sunset: "Pop quiz. What happens when you bring an Element of Harmony into an alternate world?"

Twilight stopped to ponder the question, only for Sunset to laugh in her face.

Sunset: "You don't know? Seriously? Haha! And you're supposed to be Princess Celestia's star student? Then again, what were the chances she'd find somepony as bright as me to take under her wing after I decided to leave Equestria. Bit embarrassing that you were the best she could do."

Spike nearly leaps out of Twilight's backpack to attack Sunset, but Y/n quickly grabs him and puts him into a bear hug to keep him in place. However, Sunset seemed unaffected by the attempt on her.