Chapter 13-Invitation

—Invitation —

Time really does fly sometimes, It's been a month since that disastrous meeting at the Kapoor's place.
But
Right now, everything in my life is perfect again. There are no Kapoors to bother me. I still haven't talked to my parents, I just can't find enough courage. But apart from that everything is fine.

"You know Mr. Kapoor is returning from Dubai today. He is going to expand this business." Came Skylar's voice.

"Why is he even returning? That man had made life hell, Jenkins was a pervert but at least he was not this strict." And there was George who has a certain hate for Vivaan Kapoor because apparently Mr. Kapoor don't tolerate late employees, who knows this better than me?

"Oh please..at least Mr. Kapoor is easy on eyes." Skylar said and George rolled his eyes as I stared at both of them bickering.

"I am easy on eyes too." George said as he winked at Skylar and she rolled her eyes . "But seriously he is a devil." George concluded.

"Only because you are lazy. He raised our pays he will expect us to give our 100%." Skylar said and I had this sudden urge to bang my head against a wall.

"Can't you guys just shut up?" I was thoroughly irritated and didn't mind the stares I earned  from the pair of them.

"What happened to you?" George asked as Skylar just stared at me with her big eyes.

'Vivaan Kappor happened!' I was tempted to say these words out loud but made peace by uttering a simple "Nothing".
I excused myself and went back to my desk. He was not in New York for a month and left me hanging with some questions. Now, even if I will ask him about the club, it will look stupid.

Every time someone talks about him, I instantly start hating that person for no apparent reason.

It feels like the perfect life I am living is an illusion. In reality, my life has more tangles than my morning hair. I have so much to do but I am not even trying, I am just procrastinating.

Talk to parents....later.

Talk to Vivaan.....later.

Complete reviewing the files....later.

My whole life right now is depending upon this later, which I am not sure will ever come. Although in day my life is perfectly fine, in night my thoughts are a huge mess. I am so deep in my own shit that I don't even want to come out now.

And this is all because of that one man. I was perfectly fine before he decided to drag me along with him to that horrendous coffee session with his parents.

His parents confused me to no end, every second my mental list of questions was growing. I haven't even realized when I got everything so messed up.

"You are called to C.E.O.'s office, Ruchi." One of my colleagues said, breaking my chain of deep thoughts. I was about to ask 'why' but then let it go.

I nodded and made my way to the elevator. I was more confident than the last time when I had to go to the C.E.O.'s office. I feared about my job at that time, but at this very moment, I had nothing to lose. What could he possibly do? Fire me? Well..I don't fear my job anymore..okay this is a big fat lie. I do. I by no means want to leave this job. I have made great friends and I am happy working here, as long as I don't have to interact with the CEO. Besides that, he really doesn't have a reason to fire me. (Unless he wants take revenge from me for kicking him. And obviously because he's the owner of the company, he can do what he wants.)

But..then why he wanted to see me? 

Well..you will get to know eventually, Ruchi. Patience.