The Babysitter

It was exactly 3:30 PM on Tuesday, May 30, when I got the call.

I was in my art studio working on my latest piece. When all of a sudden, a sharp ringing sound, cut through the air, I gingerly walked over and picked up my phone.

It was my brother, calling, yet again, to ask if I could run one of his "favors" And I said yes. I'm just too nice. One might address as "the best sister."

Hi! I'm Julia Martinez, and that call changed my life, well not really, but I have always been one for the drama. I'm a 19-year-old who lives in New York, part-time student, part-time artist, full-time, always annoyed with my brother.

I have green choppy hair, pixie cut style, and bright blue eyes, And I guess that phone call is what started all of this.

At 6:30 PM, I grabbed my purse from my car, swinging as I walked, feet clacking on the sidewalk.

I stepped into an old Apartment "Jackson" i buzzed, in my voice ringing through the building as i said the name.

A garbed voice responded through the device "come on in, dear."

I hastily walked in, and began to climb the stairs to the fourth floor, "fourth floor, third door to your left " said my brother, right?

I knocked, 1..2...3... before a woman appeared at the door, she smiled warmly, clad in skinny jeans, a floral blouse and a long trench coat type jacket.

"hello dear, come on inside, you must be cold" the woman smiled, offering her hand "im sally."

I smiled, "Julia."

We shook.

"Alright, so we have food in the fridge. And Estelle is in her room. Thank you again for coming on such short notice, dear."

"No problem" i responded "anyways, i have an authors meet and greet, I'll be back, probably around 10pm, because it's about a half hour drive." She told me, I smiled "alright."

"One more thing" sally said, slipping on her yellow converse. "Estelle, has a brother, i don't know if he'll show. He tends to get, well, caught up in things" Sally stalled "no need to worry, he has keys" she smiled once more.

"Alright, i ve got to run, ESTELLE, LOVE YOU!" The four year old responded by running in to hug her mother good bye.

"bye mommy, i wov you" sally looked at her daughter fondly "I love you to honey." She placed a kissed on the top of Estelle's mop of wavy brown hair, before grabbing a purse, and walking out the door.

"Hi, Estelle!" I grinned at her, she frowned "i want Percy" her brown eyes turned away. "Oh, ummm, well, is Percy your brother?"

She nodded, "alright, well I can't replace your brother, that's for sure, but, how about this, what's your favorite board game?"

The four year old tapped her chin thoughtfully, "monopoly!" She gasped

"well, ok!" I laughed "go get it!" I smiled and followed her into the living room.

——————————————————————TIME SKIP—————————————————————————————-
(After monopoly game) 7:00 pm

"Ok, what do we have in here" i muttered to myself, as I rummaged through the jackson family Fridge.

Cartons of milk, vegetables, fruits, and leftovers from previous meals filled the Fridge.