18. The Weighing of the Wands

Lilly's POV
Harry and I walked down together to breakfast. Everywhere we went, we had applause from all of the Gryffindors when they passed. We didn't want it though... Hermionie caught up to us and gave us some toast. She knew we didn't put our names in, because of the look on our faces. All we wanted to know was who, who put our names in the Goblet of Fire?
Hermionie was explaining to Harry that Ron was jealous of Harry because of all his brothers at home, and when his best friend is the famous Harry Potter, it doesn't help. Ron just wants to be noticed. Harry wanted Hermione to go talk to him, but she wanted Harry to. Meanwhile I said, "Harry, you need to write to Sirius. He'll want to know from you, not all the news. I told him that you are writing to him..."
He agreed after some more convincing. He wrote, "Dear Sirius, You told me to keep you posted in what's happening at Hogwarts, so here goes - I don't know if you've heard, but the Triwizard Tournament's happening this year and on Saturday night I got picked as a fourth champion and Lilly as the fifth champion. I don't know who put our names in the Goblet of Fire, because we know we didn't. The other Hogwarts Champion is Cedric Diggory, from Hufflepuff... Hope you're okay and Buckbeak, Lilly says she loves you. - Harry"
Harry and I had a rough time with Hufflepuff, as they think we entered ourselves. I had to put a shield around me just to not get smacked in the face by Bouncing Bulbs. Professor Sprout in particular was distant to us too, it was understood though. She was Head of Hufflepuff House!
Malfoy bet that Harry would only last ten minutes in the first task, thirteen for me. Malfoy had to stop there because Hagrid wanted the students to take their Blast-Ended Skrewts for a walk. Hagrid talked to Harry and I and he believed that we didn't put our names in the Goblet. He just wanted us to be safe.
He said to Harry, "Ah, I don' know, Harry. School champion, everythin' seems ter happen ter you, doesn' it?" I nodded and widened my eyes. Yes, everything seemed to happen to Harry...

The next few days were hard. The whole school turned on Harry and me. We were alone, but we had each other. I think that was the only thing that mattered at that point. Hermionie hung out with Harry during lunch. I had enough of the teasing and I broke down crying in the Common Room. No one should have been there, but Neville found me and put his arms around me. I hugged him back saying, "This is just what I needed, thank you." He nodded and we talk a bit on the couch near the fire until it was time to go to Potions.
When we got to potions, Malfoy and Harry got into a fight. Snape said Harry and Ron got fifty points from Gryffindor and a detention. Then I said, "Malfoy, detention and fifty points from Slytherin!"
Snape spun around and said, "Miss Black, do you dare undermine your authority?"
I smiled sweetly saying, "But sir, you used your authority towards Mr. Potter and Mr. Weasley. However, my authority was towards Mr. Malfoy. So I am incredibly sorry if it seems like I am undermining your authority. I had no such intentions, sir." I smirked as he left walking into the classroom. Harry and Ron thanked me and I muttered to them, "I can't get back what was taken from you, but I can try to compensate." I had my antidote ready when I entered the classroom and after a half an hour, Colin Creevy came into the room asking for Harry and me. Snape wouldn't have any of it, he was furious! I waked up to the front of the classroom giving Snape my antidote and walked out smugly. Harry followed me and we had our wands checked to make sure they we in working order.
Mr. Ollivander came up to me and said, "Ah, interesting, not one of mine... Twelve inches, mahogany, unyielding with the core of a, well this is unusual... An animal hair."
I nodded and said, "A dog hair from an Animagus, it was my mother's wand."
He nodded and made a stream of water come out. He said it was in good condition and handed it back to me. After Harry had his wand inspected, we had group pictures and individual shots. I find Rita Skeeter to be the most annoying woman in the world. She interviewed me and I refused to let her use the Quick-Notes Quill and instead had my own quill write down our dialogue. Nothing inbetween. She mentioned my dad and I said nothing about it. She tried to dig up dirt, but I countered it. I still don't like her. I was seated in front with Fleur and after the individual shots we went to dinner.
Harry asked, "Is that wand really your mothers?"
I nodded and said, "Well, when she found out she was pregnant, she had a special wand made for me using my dad's hair as an Animagus. She wrote a letter saying that this was especially crafted for me because I am a bit more special than other wizards and witches... I guess she was right."
He smiled. I ate really fast and said to Harry, "I'm going to go make sure Hermione is all right."
He nodded and I ran to the Hospital Wing looking for Hermionie. I saw she was getting her teeth fixed and as she was there I smiled. I said, "I'm sorry for not blocking the spell, but I had a good reason."
Madam Pomfrey was done with her teeth and Hermione asked me, "What reason was that?"
I smiled and said, "I saved you from getting braces didn't I?" She laughed and ate the food I brought her. After Madam Pomfrey cleared her, we went to Gryffindor Tower.

I talked to Harry that night and asked, "He's going to talk to you face to face isn't he?"
Harry nodded and I said, "It's going to be fine, I'll be with you." He nodded and smiled a bit; we went to bed after that.

Thanks for reading! My actual wand (courtesy of Pottermore) is Rowan with Unicorn Core, eleven inches, quite flexible... Vote please! :)
-Lilly :)