Chapter 1-"General Camden"

"OI, BRATS, GET OUT OF BED NOW-C'MON BRATS!!". Her voice was exactly the same way it was described in the webtoon by Cyrus: Loud, Commanding, Indiminating, it made you feel like a loser, it made you feel small and weak. "STAND IN TWO LINES, BRATS!", she barked out that order like a drill sergeant and all the kids, including me, scrambled out of the cots and into 2 lines. We stood like soldiers during an inspection. That's when I noticed that all the girls were on the right side of the room and all the boys were on the left side of the room. We all wore the same gray t-shirt and gray shorts like it was some kind of uniform.

General Camden then proceeded to walk down the aisle, her hands behind her back, whistling as if nothing better starts off the day better than scaring the shit out of innocent kids!. Knowing her personality, she was probably looking for someone to singled out, to beat up and unleash her inner sadist on. The other kids looked down at the floor, trembling and shaking in fear as she by them, eyes flickering between the boys and girls. She looked at me and I felt like a mouse being hunted by a hawk, and I kept my head down until she passed. Then she stopped suddenly, her whistling turned into a growl and she stared right into a cot that still had a kid sleeping in it. I wanted to scream, get up, get up, before she hurts you!!. This kid!! Just how much of a heavy sleeper was he that he slept through not only the alarm but also the bitch's screaming? Then she proceeded to kick the cot, with the kid still in it, so hard that both the bed and the kid proceeded to fly halfway across the room and landed with a loud "THUD" with the bed landing on top of the kid, pinning him down onto the floor. The poor kid looked only 4 years old and he broke down into tears, pinned down into the floor by the cot, unable to do anything. "Androids, take that kid to the Dark Room for termination- there's no need for subjects like him". Her voice was now calm but it was icy and laced with venom and subtle threats. The rest of us began to shiver, on the verge of tears, but I didn't, although deep down, I was scared shitless by her. She already made her first impression on us-she's ruthless, cruel and definitely going to make our lives a living hell.

A pair of androids, I recognize them as military androids with their plain gray paint coating and the military symbol on their chests, marched into the room, they were cold, soulless and their movements mechanical. They roughly yanked up the victim by his hair and dragged him away. He fought back, trying to push away the androids and hitting them; The androids fought back in return-beating him black and blue until blood splattered on the floor. The sound of flesh being hit and bones being broken filled the room combined with the sound of kids crying: sniffling with tears rolling down his face. He started moaning, thrashing around while trying to break free from the androids but they were too strong and he was badly beaten up. I still remember his black eyes begging us to help him, his brown hair being pulled by the androids, tears streaking his sandy-colored skin that was covered in stains of green and purple as he was dragged out of the room and towards his death. If we weren't already traumatized by the current events, we now were.

"Brats, listen up. That is what's going to happen if you ever dare to be naughty or throw a tantrum. Be good and you won't get hurt. This is a government experiment and research facility where you now belong to the government. Running away or attempting to escape is highly discouraged and will result in a lot of pain and even death for you-so don't even think about it. You will help us to advance science and medicine, gloriously sacrificing yourselves for the greater good and progress of humanity-so be honored that you are here, lowly street rats. Rest up for a bit, the androids will bring you your meals, and then, the real fun begins.". She laughed, it was a cold, sadistic, and evil laugh that chilled me to my very bones. The door shut behind her and locked with a loud and clear click.