1

Chapter One

Leah

I have no idea how this started, how I got here, any of it. I mean, I'm no stranger to hit it and quit it, but that's not what this is. Not anymore. Somehow, this thing we started morphed from just one night to friends with benefits.

And never in a million years would I have thought I'd be FWB-ing it up with Landon Marks. First off, we have nothing in common. I mean, n-o-t-h-i-n-g, unless you count our shared interest in all things unholy in the bedroom...

The first summer we hooked up, I thought that would be it. Then, it happened again. And again. And again. I feel like he has some crazy, magical hold over me or something. He waved his magical penis my way, and now I'm hooked. I may as well enjoy it then, right?

My breath is still normalizing from the intense sesh that just happened. I have to say, for a dumb jock whose hobbies are limited to sports and drinking, the man has skills in the sheets. He breathes heavily as he takes over the empty spot in his bed, his after-sex smirk etching itself on his lips.

"Jesus, Leah," he pants, "I don't know how you do it, but you wear me out more than a championship game on a Friday night."

I huff out the tiniest snort, resisting the urge to roll my eyes. Go figure, the hockey player found a way to bring the game into the bedroom. What a guy.

As my pulse settles and I catch my breath, I sit up, searching for my clothes that were tossed around the room when we got here. I slide my panties back on and collect my bra from the top of Landon's dresser as I look around for the rest of my outfit. I find my shorts easily, but my shirt is a different story. It seems to be lost in the abyss like all the socks that have been eaten up over the years by my dryer.

I guess I could just steal one of his shirts. Lord knows I'll be back sooner rather than later.

I'm just about to cave and ask him just that when he approaches me. He's standing in front of me in all of his post-carnal glory, still naked, looking like he could go another few rounds.

As tempted as I am, I have things to do in the morning, and staying here any longer will definitely delay them. Maybe next time, dude.

Landon holds up my missing shirt, his smirk growing as he notices my wandering eyes. For some reason, I can't seem to stop staring at the giant snake between his legs. I know what he can do, and my thoughts take off, making me second-guess my plans.

"Ya know," Landon starts, "you could just stay. We don't even have to have sex again if you don't want to."

I roll my eyes, leveling him with a look as I finally avert my eyes from his dangling member. We both know what will happen if I stay. And us not having sex isn't it. We'd end up fucking again for longer this time. I'd end up not doing what I need to tomorrow, and I'd be mad at myself for it later.

Landon holds up his hands in surrender. "It was just a suggestion. You never stay after. It just makes me feel used, Banks."

I shake my head, grabbing my shirt from his hands. I pull it on, fixing my hair when I'm done. "Well, Marks, that's because we both know we wouldn't get any sleep if I did."

He pulls his bottom lip between his teeth as he tries to hold back a naughty smile. He knows it just as well as I do. Besides, this is supposed to be casual. And staying over afterward isn't casual. Staying over leads to breakfast in the morning which leads to talking about things other than how do you want me or do you want it rough or gentle.

It would leave the door open for feelings and attachment. And Landon Marks doesn't do either. He's never had a relationship in his life. At least, not one lasting more than a day or two, and I'm pretty sure the words girlfriend and commitment aren't in his vocabulary.

For all I know, he could be doing this with several other women. We never said our arrangement was exclusive. And it tracks for him to have multiple women lined up around the block, waiting for their turn with the sex toy who looks like he was ripped from the pages of some surf magazine. Not that I care, this is just for fun. It's casual.

Plus, it's not like I've noticed him showing up to group events later than normal or declining invites altogether. No, that's not something I'd keep tabs on, not with someone I'm only coming to for relief of the sexiest kind. That would be crazy.

But it is weird. He declined an invite to my place last week, saying he had to put in some extra time at work the next morning. It was the first time he's done that since this whole thing started. Not that I care. It's just strange.

True, it was two in the morning when I texted him, but he's never turned me down for a booty call. Even when he had extra work to do. It kinda makes a girl wonder, but like I said, we never agreed to be exclusive. I just need to make sure I don't get attached to anything but his dick. 

A/N:

I'm baaaack! I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter of HSN. It's been a while, but I'm so excited to get back into the groove of serialized writing. With this round of releases, my chapter release schedule will be a bit different than before. Since I'm writing two very different stories at once, I'll be alternating chapter releases each week to start out. That means I'll release one chapter of HSN this week and next week I'll release a chapter for Daughters of Chaos. (This will likely change once I have more of each book written).

That being said, I'm so happy to be back writing on this platform. If you enjoyed this chapter, please consider voting and/or commenting as it helps the algorithm share this story with other readers on Wattpad.

Thank you so much!