Chapter 23

"so what is this machine," scaramouche asked you, both of you were at home sitting around the dining table. you removed the box, leaving what looked like a mini kamera that had a printer attached.

"this is a printer," you said. "but, i added a twist."

you got up and ran to the photo wall, grabbing the photo that scaramouche had taken with you as a substitute plus some extra film and placed it on the table. after removing the photo from the frame and setting it to the side, you grabbed the film and placed it inside the input area. then, you held one of the metal poles that stuck up, closing your eyes and concentrating.

scaramouche could only watch in awe as the machine glowed, seemingly coming to life. then, the film looked like it got eaten, and out came a photo that was blank. he gave you a confused look, "what is that supposed to be?"

you let go of the metal rod and opened your eyes, smiling with joy. "it worked! nice!"

the photo began to clear up when you shook it, allowing the chemical reaction to take place. it was very similar to an old-style photo maker, but there was a reason for it. then, you slid the now colored photo in the frame and showed scaramouche. he blushed looking at it, "of all the things you chose that one?"

you giggled, walking over with the photo and placing it on the wall. the exact same photo that the two of you took before he tampered with irminsul. you pushed cyno's picture back to the front, much to his dismay. after looking at it happily, you felt him hug you from behind. "so sentimental today," you chuckled.

he pressed a kiss to the back of your neck, "do i have to repeat myself as to why i'm like this?"

"yes," you said. "i want to hear it over and over again for the rest of our lives."

"we're immortal," he rolled his eyes. "i'll be saying it every day at this rate."

"then do it," you said, turning around in his grasp. you pecked him on the lips, moving your lips close to his ear to whisper, "or maybe you're forgetting what i had to do for you."

you pulled back, being pleasantly surprised by his reaction; he looked like he was mentally processing what just happened, very flustered by the sudden shift in the atmosphere. then he connected with your lips with his, pushing you back until you hit the wall, cushioning your head with his hand. his other hand pinned the wall next to your head, preventing you from getting away while your arms wrapped around his torso. after a moment or two, he disconnected from your lips and stared at you, searching your eyes with his own.

a confident smirk was present on his face, seeing you panting for air and your surprised eyes. "all bark and no bite. trying to take control like that, how amusing."

"the face you made was worth it though," you said softly, a small teasing grin on your face. "now i think i need the kamera now to take a photo."

"i have many moments i need to print now," he let you go from the wall. "so i'll be go-"

"where do you think you're going," you said, pulling his collar by one hand, his hands bracing the wall to prevent himself from colliding with you. "i'm not done with you yet."

then you pressed your lips into his, catching him off guard, but he responded right away. he wanted to continue, but you broke the kiss and pecked him on the cheek. now he was a blushing mess, making you grin happily. "alright, that's all! go print out the photos that you want."

you walked away, leaving scaramouche glaring at you as you trounced away to your room to collect {robot name} to make a few other adjustments. he sighed and walked over to the tinkering room, brushing his hair with one hand while a genuine smile was on his lips.

"i fell for her much harder than i thought, didn't i?"