Chapter 30 - Fears

No changes here as well.

Ely:

We made our way to the dining hall to get some food. "Ely?" Jordan asked as we stepped up to get something to eat.

"hmm?" I replied, distracted by the food in front of me.

"Where do you keep your lock picks?" He questioned me.

I grabbed a plate of lasagna and a small salad as I glanced up at him, "I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Besides, they aren't exactly hidden." I grabbed a bottle of water and headed for our usual table.

I could feel Jordan's eyes on me as I sat down and I turned quizzical eyes on him. "What?" I asked.

"I'm fairly certain you wouldn't be able to fit them in your pants..." He murmured, trying to figure it out.

I shot him a look, but I could feel my cheeks heating up at the thought that he had checked my pants out for possible hiding places.

I didn't respond, but jumped lightly when I realized there was an apple on my tray that hadn't been there before. I glanced around, "what-?" I started to ask.

"You need to eat more fruit, Kitten." Dominic muttered. His cheeks looked a little pink and I bit my lip to hide my smile.

"It wouldn't make sense to put them in your hoodie, because what if you get too warm and take your hoodie off..." Jordan trailed off. His eyes were still looking me over intently.

Before I really thought about it, I blurted out, "I'm not wearing a shirt under this, so I doubt I'd take it off if I got too warm."

Jordan blinked and his eyes seemed to turn a little glassy. Shawn choked as he was take a drink and Dominic sputtered out a, "What?"

I felt my cheeks heat up, "What? I'm still fully covered." I muttered.

Jordan shook his head and let out a soft chuckle, "So, you admit they aren't in your hoodie... They can't be in your pants or..." He glanced under the table, "Boots. I'm fairly sure I would have noticed if you had bent down to retrieve them..." He looked at me with a calculating look in his dark eyes. "Bra?" He asked.

My eyes widened and I looked at Shawn and Dominic, silently sending them a plea to help.

Dominic shoved a bite of his sandwich in his mouth and Shawn shot Jordan an annoyed look. Jordan sighed, "No bra? Do you have special holsters somewhere?" At the shake of my head he frowned. "Magic? That's the only other way I can see you carrying them..." His eyes continued to rake over my body as he started to eat.

"Yes. That's exactly how I carry them around." I deadpanned.

Dominic snorted and choked as he was swallowing. Jordan pounded him on the back really hard. "Dude, try chewing your food first."

Dominic gave him the finger as he started to recover and went back to eating.

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

We got back up to our room without incident, and I made eye contact with Jordan to get his attention.

Gently, so that I wouldn't ruin the curls, I pulled each of my lock picks out of my hair and laid them on the coffee table. "Damn! Seriously? I hadn't even been close." Jordan mumbled as he shook his head ruefully at himself.