Chapter 2: Ringmaster

Meggy: "Where's 4? I thought he said he'd be back in a few minutes, but it's been almost an hour!"

The Bingo game has already ended at this point, and everyone went back to what they were doing.

Meggy: "I'm gonna have to call 3, maybe he knows something about 4."

Meggy picks up her phone from her pockets and proceeds to call 3's number.

SMG3: "SMG3, Lord of the Internet Graveyard speaking! Who's this?"

Meggy: "It's just me, 3. Say, have you seen 4 around? I know you've been at your place the whole time, but I wanted to know if you two had contacted each other earlier in the day or this week."

SMG3: "Wh- 4?? Why do you wanna know if I talked to him or not??"

3's tone started getting bit wobbly as Meggy sighed.

Meggy: "We haven't seen him for an hour or two, and normally I wouldn't be so worried. But I am. Just answer the question."

SMG3: "Well.. I did speak to him yesterday. But it's none of your concern! It was just some small talk."

Meggy: "Huh.. and WHY did you call him in the first place?"

SMG3: "It's.. It's nothing! I swear! It's just... I felt like I had to."

Meggy: "Could it be that you're both cosmically linked or something? But why?"

SMG3: "Like hell I know! That's all I've known, promise! Now leave me alone!"

The call hungs up.

Meggy: "... And that's that. Must I figure out everything by myself?"

Meggy shook her head.

Meggy: "He went to the forest, so let's just start from there."

Meggy walks into the forest, and everything seemed to be normal. She planned on turning back after a while but she felt like she had to keep going.

Once deeper inside the woods, she looked at all her surroundings, making sure to spot anything that'll leave a clue on where 4 is at.

Meggy: "Weird... no footprints at all, where could he have gotten?"

Meggy steps on something, and she immediately backs away.

It was 4's cap.

Meggy: "His... cap? He wouldn't have just leave it here would he? Something must've happened in here.. and yet.. I don't see any signs of a fight or struggling on the ground, not even his footprints to where he could've gotten.."

As Meggy picked up the cap, a breeze of wind flew behind her. She heard a familiar voice. It was SMG4's.

"SMG3! MEGGY! MARIO! SOMEONE! HELP!-"

Meggy: "SMG4!-"

She turned around, but no one was behind her. She was left clueless as to what happened.

-----

Back at the Showgrounds floor,

Mario is playing Super Smash Each Other In The Ass Deluxe, he seems to be enjoying his time making SMG4's 'room' his own, as 4 isn't around right now.

Meggy: "RED!! YOU NEED TO HELP ME SAVE SMG4!"

Meggy ran towards Mario.

Mario: "Heh? Save S-M-G-4?"

Meggy: "I think something happened while he was gone, he even left his cap in the forest, we need to help him!"

Mario doesn't look like he gives a crap whether or not 4 is safe, he's more focused on playing his game.