The Wedding Photographer

A/N: This was a submission to the 'Challenge 8 - How They Met' organised by @Romance. The prompt was to the story of how two romantic characters met for the first time.

 The prompt was to the story of how two romantic characters met for the first time

The story received an Honourable Mention in the results. I wish it had won a price but receiving an Honourable Mention seems pretty pivotal to me, right?

Thank you for reading! I hope you like it. :)

The Wedding Photographer

(Genre: Romance)

"I miss her, dad," my thirteen-year-old daughter told me in a dull voice as she leaned her head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around hers. "It's only been a little more than a week that she has gone, and I already miss her like-"

"Like you haven't seen her in years?" I supplied, leaning down and placing a soft kiss on the top of her head. She simply nodded at me, giving me a sheepish smile. I chuckled at her expression, at how similar it looked to her mother's. "Me too, honey, me too!"

We sat in silence then, watching as Jane struggled to be a bridesmaid at two different weddings in the same night in the movie '27 Dresses', which happens to be one of my wife's favourites. I wasn't stupid to not know why. The thought made me smile, thinking back to how beautiful she looked on the day we met.

"Dad?" my daughter asked, pulling me out of my thoughts, looking up at me with her picturesque violet eyes that she had got from her mother.

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"Mom used to tell me 'The Bridesmaid' story many times when I was younger, and she also told me that was how you both met." She smiled at me, her eyes twinkling just like her mother's did. "Can you tell me the story again, please?"