A Trip to the Cemetery (ᴡɪꜱʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ꜱᴏᴍᴇʜᴏᴡ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ/ᴡᴀɴᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ)

The early morning light filtered through the curtains as Océane woke up, feeling surprisingly refreshed despite the restless night. Her heart still fluttered with the memory of her rooftop encounter with Erik. As she got out of bed, she noticed the sun hasn't risen yet.

Lost in her thoughts, she didn't realize how quickly time had passed until she heard a soft knock on her door.

Curious to know who it was, Océane opened the door to find Christine standing in her nightgown. "Good morning, Océane," Christine greeted with a gentle smile. 

"Good morning, Christine," Océane replied, a bit surprised to see her friend at this hour. "What brings you here so early?"

Christine hesitated for a moment before speaking. "I couldn't sleep, and I thought perhaps you might be awake too. I was wondering if you'd like to accompany me to the cemetery. I want to visit my father's grave."

Océane nodded, understanding the longing to visit loved ones in a peaceful place. "Of course, I'd be happy to go with you. I wanted to visit my mother's grave as well."

As Christine left to get ready, Océane quickly dressed in a simple black pant and blouse, feeling no need to wear a dress today. She saw the bouquet of red roses still on her desk that Adrian had given her a while back, and cursed herself for not putting them on a vase as some of them started wilting. She grabbed a few of the roses that were still intact to take to her mother's grave. A chill in the morning air prompted her to put on a cloak before heading out to meet Christine in the hallway.

The two young women walked side by side through the empty halls of the opera house, their footsteps echoing faintly in the silence. Outside, the city was slowly awakening, and a crisp breeze whispered through the streets. Océane pulled her cloak closer around her, finding comfort in its warmth.

As they walked to the stables, Christine spoke about her memories of her father, sharing stories of their happy times together. Océane listened attentively, offering a supportive presence. "He always encouraged my singing," Christine said with a wistful smile. "I owe much of what I am now to him."

"I can understand how much he meant to you," Océane replied softly, touched by Christine's vulnerability. 

Océane's eyes widened in awe as she spotted the two beautiful horses attached to the carriage. Their glossy coats shimmered in the morning light, and they seemed to exude an air of grace and elegance. "They are magnificent," Océane remarked, unable to hide her fascination.

Christine smiled warmly. "Yes, they are. The opera house takes good care of them. Shall we?" she gestured toward the carriage.

Océane nodded, and the two of them climbed into the carriage. As they settled in, Océane couldn't shake the feeling that she recognized the driver, but the scarf he wore was covering his face, making it difficult to see clearly. She dismissed the thought, thinking it must be a mere coincidence, and the carriage began to move.

"To the cemetery, please," Christine requested, and the driver, with a nod, guided the horses along the snowy streets towards the resting place of their loved ones. The atmosphere inside the carriage was a mix of anticipation and reverence, and Océane held the bouquet of red roses tightly in her hands.

As they rode through the city, the sun's rays struggled to pierce through the thick clouds, casting a melancholic hue over the landscape. Océane gazed out the window, taking in the beauty of the snow-covered trees and the tranquility of the morning. Yet, a somber feeling seemed to linger, as if nature itself understood the gravity of their visit.

The carriage approached the cemetery gates, adorned by solemn angels and crosses. Océane took a deep breath, feeling a mix of sadness and respect for the place that held the memories of so many souls. The driver brought the carriage to a gentle stop, and both young women stepped out.