Chapter three - 𝐒𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

KAMARI sat down on her bed, sitting up. Ethan sat next to her, "i love you Kam.." he mumbled. "And I love you" she replied, then their lips connected.

But Quinn knocked on the door, and Kamari pulled her lips away. "Come in!" She shouted, and she saw the girl.

THEY all sat down on a bench, "okay nerds, listen up!". Mindy warned, "as terrifying as this all is".

"I'm actually glad I get a chance to redeem myself for not calling the killers last time" she said, "yep. It's fine, okay".

She sighed, "the way I see it someone is out to make a sequel to the Requel" she added. Anika raised her hand, "um, what's a Requel?."

Mindy pointed at the girl, "you're beautiful sweetie. Let's hold questions to the end." Anika smiled, "stab one took place in Woodsboro, Stab two took place in college."

Kamari looked over at Sam, "so we think that the killer is trying to copy the movies?" Tara asked. "That is one possibility." Mindy replied to Tara's comment.

"Hero's now in college: check. Suspicious new characters brought in to round out the ordinary suspect list. And or body count, check, check and check." Mindy explained.

"I don't like this" Ethan said, and then Kamari placed a hand on his. Both trying to play the "innocent" characters.

"But it can't just be about stab two" Mindy replied, "why not?" Tara asked. "It would make sense, if this were just a sequel!"

Kamari barley noticed Ethan's hand rubbing shapes on her own hand, and she blushed hard.

"But we're not in a sequel, because no body just makes sequels anymore." Mindy explains, she paused. "We're in a franchise!" She exclaimed, "and there are certain rules to a continuing franchise."

Kamari raised an eyebrow, "I had a feeling" Sam replied. "Rule one!" Mindy explained, "everything is bigger than last time".

"Bigger budget. Bigger cast. Bigger body count. Long chases, shoot-outs, beheadings!" She continued, "you got to top what came before to keep people coming back."

"Beheadings?" Chad replied, putting the pencil he held to his chin. "Beheadings!" Mindy replied to her twin brother, "rule two."

"Whatever happened last time, except the opposite" she added, "franchises only survive by subverting expectations".

"If the killer last time were whiny snowflake film nerds, with a letterboxd accounts instead of personalities-"

Ethan put his head down for a moment, his hand still on Kamari's. "You can bet the opposite will be true here" Mindy commented, "and rule three: no one is safe."

"Legacy characters? Cannon fodder at this point." She scoffed, "usually brought back only to be killed off in some cheap bid for nostalgia".

"It's not looking too good for gale and Kirby" She added, "oh, and that's not even the worst part!."Chad replied with, "this is the part where she tells us the worst part."

Ethan looked at Kamari who sat next to him and Tara, and he gave her a quick smile. "The worst part is. Franchises are just continuing episodic installments designed to boost an IP."

"Which means main characters are completely expendable now, too" she added, "Laurie Strode, Nancy Thompson, Ellen Ripley, Sally Hardestey, Jigsaw, Tony Stark, James Bond- I mean! Even Luke Skywalker!".

Kamari looked at the girl, who was explaining. "All died so their franchises could live on." She added, "that means it's not just the friend group."

"Any of us could go at any time, especially Sam and tara" Mindy sighed, "wait any of us?" Ethan spoke.

Mindy replied with a, "yeah." Ethan stuttered, "am I in the friend group?". And Sam tilted her head, "am I like one of the targets?" He asked.

"Mm-hmm" Mindy replied, and Ethan thought for a moment.

"Am I gonna die a virgin?" He asked, looking at the girl.

Kamari struggled to keep a laugh, and the rest of the group looked completely done with him. "That was a weird overshare" Mindy says.

"Definitely" Kamari agreed, trying to keep a straight face. "But it brings us to our current suspects: Ethan and Kamari" Mindy spoke.

"Ethan, the shy, dorky guy who no one suspects because he's so shy and dorky. And Ethan replied, "okay why am I on the suspect list?."

"Because I'm randomly chad's roommate? And Kam's girlfriend?" He asked, "roommate lotteries can be juked, you could have fixed it to get next to us."

With that, Ethan rolled his eyes. "Kamari!" Mindy exclaimed, earning a smile from the girl.

"The girl no one suspects because she's the normal friend.. and a badass on top of that, she also is Ethan's girlfriend..." Mindy kept explaining her theory's which were mostly correct, but Ethan and Kamari just shared annoyed looks.

Not annoyed at each other, but of the girl who was constantly talking about the friend group, who were all suspects.

Little did they know, that they were all siting  next to three ghost faces. Kamari Loomis, Ethan Landry and obviously his sister. Quinn Bailey.

And god it felt good to be ghost faces, finishing off what her father started; joining a team that also needed the same.

Word count: 𝟖𝟓𝟓 !!
Xx